Reload this Page >

Driving from Paris to Mont St. Michele

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 08:18 AM
Mary

Any recommondations on the best route to take to drive from Paris to Mont. St. Michele? <BR> <BR>We're attempting to see it as a day side-trip from our stay in Paris. <BR> <BR>I hear it's about 3 hours driving. ugh, but worth it. <BR> <BR>Also, would you recommend getting there by car or train? <BR> <BR>Thanks. <BR> <BR>Mary

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 09:01 AM
Mark Hinckley

Train is not possible. Get a good map of Normandy from Michelin and stay either at the (cheaper but friendly with good food) Auberge St. Michel in Domfront or the (more upscale) Auberge de la Selune (can't remember the name of the town, but it's in one of the towns one drives through from Domfront to MStM; also, Normandy hotel-listing web-0sites often list it)

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 09:24 AM
elvira

We did the Mont St Michel &gt; Paris route a few years ago (we started in Spain) and Mark is right: get a Michelin map of Normandy - the route is very easy. <BR>You can get close to Mont St Michel on a train, but then it's hop a bus, take a taxi, whatever...a lot of time wasted. Don't do a train. <BR>If you don't want to drive, you can find one-day tours (Paris Vision/Cityrama) via bus - the Paris Tourist Office has the info, or check the web. Never taken one, but it's an alternative to driving

Old Jun 11th, 1999, 05:11 PM
andrea

I absolutely disagree with above replies!!!!My husband and I were there last month (May), and we took the TGV (2 hours); got off at Rennes;bought a bus ticket and travel for another 45 minutes. FYI - the TGV and bus trip were coordinated. Coming back the bus was waiting at the foot of St. Michel. Very convenient, comfortable, would'nt do anything otherwise! Good luck.

Old Jun 18th, 1999, 12:13 AM
VBall-Dore

Hello, <BR>I am living in Brittany (Bretagne), and I think that the choice between car or TGV from Paris to Mont-StMichel depends on what you would like to visit after the MtStMichel. <BR>Anyway, Mont St-Michel is really a beautiful place. During the summer there is often a "son et lumiere" show and one told me that it has to be seen. <BR>Enjoy your trip !