Driving directions to Hertz in La Spezia

Aug 8th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Driving directions to Hertz in La Spezia

I need to return a rental car to Hertz in La Spezia. The address is Via Della Pianta. Does anyone know if that is at the train station? And if so, do you have directions to get there? Thanks
Aug 8th, 2005, 08:46 AM

I have done this twice, once in Rome to find a car rental office and once in Krakow to find an apartment that we rented - I will drive into the center of town and find a cab stand and send off my traveling partner in the cab with the address of the destination and me following in hot pursuit! Quick, easy and inexpensive!
Aug 8th, 2005, 10:58 AM

As always, viamichelin.com and input the address and then zoom in.
Aug 8th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Original Poster

I guess what I really need to know is if the Hertz office is located at or near the train station in La Spezia.
Bob, I used Via Michelin and didn't see the train station.
Aug 8th, 2005, 04:16 PM

Pawleys,

I tried this on ViaMichelin and could not get it to recognize the train station as the start point! Even when I put in the train station address! Grrrrr!

So...I went to Hertz.com. Clicked on locations, then Italy. Looked up La Spezia address, then clicked on get directions. Put in the train station address and here's what came up:

To: Via della Pianta, 6 La Spezia, SP Italia

Directions: Distance
1 Depart Start on Piazzale della Stazione (East) 0.07 mi (0.11 km)
2 Bear RIGHT (East) onto Via Pietro Paleocapa 0.17 mi (0.27 km)
3 At roundabout, take the SECOND exit onto Via Nino Bixio 0.37 mi (0.59 km)
4 Turn LEFT (South-East) onto Via Antonio Gramsci 0.48 mi (0.77 km)
5 Turn RIGHT (South-West) onto Via Fratelli Rosselli 0.12 mi (0.19 km)
6 Turn LEFT (South-East) onto SS1 [Via Aurelia] 1.94 mi (3.12 km)
7 Turn RIGHT (East) onto SS331 [Piazzale Duca degli Abruzzi] 1.12 mi (1.80 km)
8 Arrive End 0.0 mi (0.00 km)

Total Time: 0 Hours 8 Minutes 8 Seconds
Total Distance: 4.21 mi (6.77 km)

Aug 8th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help Dee Dee. For some reason I thought the Hertz office was at the Train Station in La Spezia. I think one of the most difficult things is to coordinate the car rental drop off with the train schedule. Hopefully this will be easier than in Florence or Rome.
Aug 8th, 2005, 07:57 PM

Pawleys,

I know that some rental car companies will arrange to meet you at the train station. That will usually work if you are arriving by train and picking up the car. The opposite (arriving by car, then pu train travel) is more difficult since who can figure exactly when you will arrive.

We had to use a cab driver in June to pu our rental car in Mainz just because it was too difficult to locate the rental car office by public transit. On the return drop off, we drove right to the rental car office, and then walked the 2.5 miles back, no problem.

On the German train site www.bahn.de you can put in addresses and it will give you detailed transit options, ie. bus, tram etc. Very helpful! But, I don't know if Italy is included. May give that a try for you.

BTW, the taxis sit right across the street from the LaSpezia train station and you can barter the price with them. Good luck.