Reload this Page >

driving directions experts please help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 11:59 AM
pdv28

<BR> Can anyone give me the quickest and easiest driving directions from Beaune to Castle Rochepot (in region of Burgundy)? And where can one get the best view of the castle? <BR> <BR>Also, do you have directions to Chateauneuf-en-Auxois from Beaune? <BR> <BR>Any other easy scenic routes from Beaune? (not too many turn offs, on smaller roads etc...) Please understand this is my first time, and the specifications above will make me feel more comfortable driving in France. <BR> <BR>By the way, what must you have to rent a car in France? Any requirements to meet? <BR> <BR>Merci encore! <BR>Patricia

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 12:49 PM
anne

Check the website www2.iti.fr. We use it for all our driving directions in Europe. <BR>South of Beaune, the area around Villefranche-sur-Saone is filled with picture-postcard villages, and V sur S is worth a visit too. <BR>Let me know if you'd like more info.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 03:31 PM
Joel

Suggest you go to Michelin.com for point-to-point directions anywhere in Europe.

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 06:50 PM
pdv28

Thank you both for the great recommendations! <BR> <BR>Patricia

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 08:04 PM
adina

We visited both this summer and the route is easy to mark out with a michelin map. Chateauneuf can be reached off the autoroute and through local roads while La Rochepot is reached off either the Haute Cote de Beaune or the Cote de Beaune. I also recommend visiting Avallon, Noyers-Sur-Serein for really pretty drives and villages as well as Fontenay abbey and Vezelay.