Search

Drive Time from Ljubliana to Dubrovnik and Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drive Time from Ljubliana to Dubrovnik and Recommendations

Hello,

I've been reading the latest posts on Croatia which have been very helpful. I leave in 2 weeks for Slovenia and Croatia. I will only have 8 days for my trip. I have booked 2 nights in Lake Bled to meet up with family, which is a must. I've been to Ljubliana twice, so I'll skip it this trip. I have one night in between Lake Bled and Dubrovnik and I'm not quite sure where to stay. I am traveling with family, including my 2 children who are both under the age of 2. Unfortunately it will be a lot of driving especially with little ones, but I really want to make it to Dubrovnik where we have booked 3 nights at Villa Milica. Has anyone stayed here?
Once we leave Dubrovnik, we have to make it all the way up to Vienna which is where we catch our flight home. We will have 2 days to get there and I'm not sure what the best route to take is. I would like to see the Plivitce(sp?) Lakes as we make our way north. We will need to find a good place to stop about halfway between Dubrovnik and Vienna.
So basically my questions are regarding drive times if anyone has done a similar trip
1. How far is the drive to Trogir from Ljubliana? approximate?
2. Would Trogir be a good place to stay logistically to break up the drive time from Ljubliana to Dubrovnik?
3. How far is the drive from Trogir to Dubrovnik?
4. How far is the drive from Dubrovnik to Plitvice Lakes?
Thanks for any information or advice you can give.
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 12:29 PM

www.viamichelin.com Good luck !
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 04:47 PM

I can recommend Hotel Villa Sikaa in Trogir if you decide to stay there. It is a lovely town, much quieter than Split. The hotel has as nice view of the old town. You check recommendations on Trip Advisor. The hotel has a web site but I can't find it now. Trogir is about 4 hours drive from Dubrovnik. If you stop at Plitvice National Park, and I recommend that too, stay in one of the new, nicely furnished B&B's nearby. We had a very inexpensive, new room near the park and thoroughly enjoyed it. You'll love Croatia. Sorry you won't have more time there. Enjoy.
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 01:24 AM

1. 5 hrs
2. yes
3. 4 hrs (road is excellent down to Split but further on...not so good)
4. 4 hrs
5. 5 hrs
Since you are with little kids my advice would be to cut down on driving, maybe include a flight Ljubljana-Dubrovnik and drive back.
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the advice I've received. I think we are definitely going to stay in Trogir. My ancestors are from Split, so I know we can't pass it by completely.
Thanks again for the advice!
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 09:44 AM

You may want to check on car ferries from Split to Dubrovnik. From what I have heard, between Split and Dubrovnik, the roads are twisty, windy and car sick inducing. Most of our friends refuse to drive there and opt for the car ferry instead. It's just a thought.
Cheers,
Jan in Ljubljana