Dubrovnik in fall

Search

Dubrovnik in fall

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dubrovnik in fall

I'd like to go to Dubrovnik in late Sept/early Oct. What is the weather like then? too cold for the beach? Is 5 nights in Dubrovnik too many for that time of year, or will I find plenty to keep myself occupied? we love good food, historic towns, wine and taking some time to relax.
thanks!
Old May 5th, 2009, 05:17 PM
pat

I went in late Sept and the weather was still warm. We walked the walls in the afternoon and it was pretty hot! If we had waited a bit later in the day, it would have been cooler. Some people were in the ocean but it was pretty cold, too cold for me! Five days would be great. You can probably visit a couple of near islands, or even go to Kotor for a day. We had good food. I still remember the grilled lamb. You will have a great time!
Old May 5th, 2009, 05:19 PM
pat

We enjoyed a boat trip over to Cavtat too!
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:09 PM

We were there in early October a few years ago, and the weather was wonderful. Only rained, lightly, one day in or two weeks.

The water was still warm enough to get in, but I must confess we didn't stay in long. Do not expect sandy beaches, as most are of pebbles. As we sat in the Buza bar, we watched folks sunning on the rocks below us and diving into the crystal water.

We stayed at the Villa Adriatica for the first few days, and then moved to a hotel in Mlini, south of Dubrovnik, for our last few days, and went into Dubrovnik every day via the motor launches that run up and down the coast. We also went down to Cavtat on the boats. The weather was warm and the sea flat.

I'm sure you will find Croatia lovely, and will find plenty to do, particularly if you take day trips to the islands, and perhaps to Montenegro.

Old May 6th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

thanks everyone! we're trying to decide between a Prague/Dubrovnik trip or Prague/Budapest. very different, I realize!