Downgrading from Relais St. Germain

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 09:55 AM
Maren

Downgrading from Relais St. Germain

For our upcoming visit in April, we must choose a less expensive hotel than the Relais St.Germain. (My husband's boss subsidized our last 5-day stay.)Both the Madison and the Millesime are available. I'm wondering if we will be unhappy at the differences between the Relais St Germain and these other hotels,and between the two, which one would be better. Thanks!

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 10:20 AM
mariacallas

I promise you will love the Millesime. Get a big room on the street. They have fabulous big bathtubs- all marble black and white and it is very nicely decorated. I looked at many hotels before I chose that one. The Rue Jacob is wonderful and convenient with the rue de buci just around the corner. The lobby is attractive and the staff is very sweet. You will always be proud to walk in the door and happy to be in your Parisian home.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Maribel

Maren,<BR>For our upcoming visit in March, we've chosen the Madison. While we'd love to spend our 8 nights at the Relais St. Germain (or the D'Aubusson), our budget doesn't permit it, and actually we've stretched our lodging budget quite a bit to accomodate even the Madison and will only stay there for the second half of our stay (first 4 nights at the Danube). <BR>Last March we looked at the Millesime and liked very much what we saw inside and out, the nice, friendly staff we spoke with and its location. We've also read many very favorable comments here and from other sources about the Madison, and I believe the rooms run on the large size for Paris. It certainly seemed plenty "upscale". We debated among the Madison, Millesime and Relais St. Suplice (which we thought was really lovely too) for our final 4 night "splurge" and finally settled on the Madison, because of its dead center location in the sixth and for the size of rooms. I hope we've made a sound choice and am very interested as well in what others think of both.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 12:10 PM
JOdy

w've just stayed at the Millesime and were delighted with our room, large newly decorated and though on the street, the double glazed windows made it silent at night, the bath was great, the service extremely curteous, and the breakfast room is very pretty and the food was ample..juices, cereals, yogurt, croissants, and pain au chocolat, breads , cheeses and hams.<BR> <BR>Rue jacob and the 6th are our favorite places because of the multitude of cafes, good restaurants, neat shops, and close to almost verything including the Metro stop and buses.<BR><BR>It is a sister hotel of the pricier D'Aubusson and the service shows it.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 12:11 PM
JOdy

Forgot it is also air conditioned though you might not need that in april.. we did the last week in October though if you can believe it!

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 04:40 AM
sandra

I have stayed at the both the Millesime and The Danube on Rue Jacob. Yes the ZMillesime is newer and shiner and in my opinion you will feel as tho you are in a star NYC hotel. However When you are in Paris do you really want to feel like you are in NYC ? The Danube which is very French and warm ( I spent 3 weeks there in April ) You will find dips in the floor as it is an antique building, lovely warm rooms ( plenty of heat ) which we needed in April , a staff that goes out of it's way and a night desk clerk ( Frasciose ) who is as amusing as he is friendly. You also have a nice marble bath, pretty courtyard and for a lot less then the Milesime. the only problem i see is that the danube is booked far in advance and may be booked for your complete trip. I know when I am in france I spend very little time in my room , but the time I did spend in my room was very pleasant. Please feel free to email me for anymore info on the danube, I am a big fan

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 03:18 PM
JOdy

ttt