Search

Doolin B&B

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 09:07 PM
Angie

Doolin B&B

Hello all! <BR>I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Ballinalackan Lodge B&B in Doolin, Co Clare? It looks lovely but has no website. I will be in Ireland in mid-May and am looking for a good B&B in the Burren/Cliffs if Moher area (preferrably on the coast)that takes the vouchers. Any other suggestions would be very appreciated! <BR>Thanks! <BR>Angie

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 09:20 PM
guy

Was in Doolin a week ago today...stayed at a great B&B called the Doolin Activity Center...It is brand new and the accomodations were fantastic..and the price was a bargin...In fact I may still have the address and phone # if you would like it..but will need to look for it. Doolin is 8km from the cliffs...

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 05:01 AM
John

Angie: <BR> <BR>I think everyone will have a favorite BB in Doolin! The fact that there are no bad B&B's is Ireland is well written..but...There are different levels of what one would consider a fine B&B. When I travel with my wife and family I had a different level of B&B in mind. One that was very clean and safe, wtih a nice host. The bargain price might not be such a bargain when you try and sleep on a bed that might have been used by the ancient Celts! (I travel for business a ton and usually do not need some amenities) DAMN! I just realized that I have babbling too much! OK.. I have a very nice BB right next to the Cliffs of Moher, but a bit outside of Doolin <BR> <BR>Moher Lodge Farmhouse (on Rt 478) 065-7081-269-589 Host Mary! <BR>Enjoy! <BR>JOHN

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:51 AM
Angie

Guy, <BR>I have seen the Doolin Activity Center's website and it does look nice. My only concern was that it is large and I wondered if it were kinda impersonal. What was your experience? Thanks for the info! <BR>Angie

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 05:12 AM
guy

Have no fear Angie. To answer your question the Doolin Activity Center or Lodge..is far from impersonal. The gentleman who operates the place could not have been friendlier or more accomodating...and the location is great since you can walk to "downtown"..in 2 minutes. There were several other B&B's of course, and most seemed quite nice..but I feel fortunate that we came across this one..I can recommend it as extremely nice and very personable..it was just a nice experience, and frankly was one of the nicer surprises of our trip.