Does anyone know these hotels in ROME?

Mar 11th, 1999, 04:35 PM
Richard

Does anyone know these hotels in ROME?

I am visiting Rome in May and need a nice inexpensive hotel around $150 a night. Has anyone been to any of these hotels?

Hotel Due Torri
Hotel Marcus
St. Moritz
Hotel Diplomatic
Hotel Julia
Genio Hotel
Mozart Hotel

Mar 12th, 1999, 04:14 PM
Richard

thousands of people go to rome every year and i cannot find anyone who has stayed in these hotels!

Mar 13th, 1999, 12:06 PM
Greg Johnson

Greetings:

We stayed at the AnlgoAmerican and enjoyed it.
It is 60 yards up the street from the Berlinni fountain. (fish/bumblebee).
It was hard to find but they cater to english speakers. (HI MARY)

Mar 18th, 1999, 03:09 PM
Susie

Greg:
Taking my mother to Europe for her 80th birthday (March 26). This will be her first trip to Europe.

What kind of accommodations did you have at the Anglo-American Hotel in Rome? Did you have a bath in your room? Is it close to anything else in Rome besides the fountain you mentioned?
All advise is helpful - Thanks!

Mar 19th, 1999, 04:45 AM
Joyce

We stayed at the Julia in Sept. '97, and it was okay. It was less than $150, closer to $100 (or less), as I recall. If you stay 4 nights, or over the weekend or something, you get a 10% discount, but ask for it. You can do it on the Net. The staff was friendly and the location was convenient to lots of things; i.e., Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, etc. It certainly was not luxurious, but it was clean and comfortable.

Mar 19th, 1999, 05:44 AM
Beth

I don't know these hotels, but my friend who went to Rome last year has been raving about the Hotel Cesari. I believe it is around your price range, is a 3*, and is conveniently located near Piazza Navona. The outside is pretty dumpy looking, but she says the inside is very comfortable, rooms were big and very nice, staff was very pleasant. They have on-line booking at //www.venere.it/roma/roma.html.

Mar 19th, 1999, 08:02 AM
Richard

i condidered the cesari, but they were booked and the price was a bit higher than i budgeted. it may have been around L325.000. thanks!