Reload this Page >

Does anyone know of hotels in Mestre

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 1998, 06:52 PM
Laura D

I am traveling to Venice with one child and three senior citizens. The last thing I want to do is carry all that luggage onto the vaporetto and through the streets of Venice. Can anyone provide the names of hotels in Mestre or area. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR> <BR>Laura

Old Oct 12th, 1998, 05:40 PM
Marty

Try the Hotel Bologna. It is directly across the street from the train station and a ten minute train ride into Venice. It is very modern with a good breakfast included. It is a Best Western Hotel so I'm sure you can find it through their website. You couldn't find a better location in Mestre.

Old Oct 13th, 1998, 12:01 PM
Richard Vicek

<BR>Good afternoon, Laura <BR>Check out and surf www.hotelguide.ch/ <BR>and www.italiantourism.com/ for some very good listing of hotels, prices and some with www reservations. <BR> <BR>Have you given thought to having a hotel in Venice and with five persons the split on a water taxi would be about 10,000 to 12,000 Italian Lire each. <BR> <BR>This would save a lot of time and expense in commuting each day in and out of Venice... Richard of Hickory Hills, *Il......

Old Oct 13th, 1998, 05:16 PM
Ismael Libanio

We have stayed three times at "Hotel Piave" (Via Col Moschin, 10 - tel. 041/92.92.87 e fax 9296111) - 50 rooms. Double at L95 a 127 mil. Three blks from the railstation. Go by via Piave, turn left at via Sernaglia until via Col Moschin. Garage and good breakfast.

Old Oct 15th, 1998, 04:11 AM
Monica

Laura, I have to agree with Richard in getting your party to share a water taxi. Stay in Venice! Venice is beautiful and a great place to stay versus Mestre. It's a lovely place to walk around. I was there in May and loved it! Looking forward to my next trip there.