Reload this Page >

Does anyone have info on vinapolis ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Sandy

I have not been able to find information<BR>on Vinapolis. Was wondering if someone could<BR>give me any info. I understand it is a<BR>winery in or around London. Any information<BR>would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Sandy

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 03:10 PM
xxx

This is the official web site.<BR><BR>http://www.vinopolis.co.uk/html/start_html.html<BR><BR>

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 04:13 PM
xxx

There's one near London Bridge by the Borough Market. I didn't take the wine tour but I went there for a drink with friends after work one night. It was nice, but nothing special to write home about.<BR><BR>Since it is a bit out of the way (not in the West End or the City areas), I found there wasn't a big &quot;buzz&quot; with respect to the atmosphere - which could be good or bad, depending on what you're looking for.<BR><BR>If you would like to go to a nice wine bar, I would highly recommend the Dover Street Wine Bar in Mayfair which has great food, wine, and live music.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 09:02 PM
janis

It is not a winery - but a wine themed tourist attraction -- similar to the Scotch Whisky center in Edinburgh. it's main claim to fame is a vast selection of wine to taste. It is not far from the Globe Theatre/Tate Modern one way and Tower Bridge and the Design museum the other direction. It is not someplace I would make a special trip - but if you are wandering around Southwark - the Cathedral is magnificent, you could drop in for a visit.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 02:58 AM
Nigel Doran

It's hardly 'out of the way' being still in Zone 1. <BR>Sometimes, Time Out does 2-for-1 admissions to places and includes Vinopolis. <BR>If you like wines, then go. It is certainly new, for one thing. Also, it is near to Borough Market,which many a Londoner will tell you is worth a visit if you want to buy local, often organic, produce. (Local = British).

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 03:38 AM
Gordon R

Bit surprised at the negative reports. Vinopolis is a well-presented and extremely interested museum attraction dedicated to wine. Its arguably one of the best new attractions in recent years. Vinopolis makes for a very enjoyable afternoon, that could easily be combined with a visit to nearby Tate Modern art gallery or St Paul's Cathedral and the City of London across the Millenium Bridge.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 03:39 AM
Gordon R

make that &quot;interesting&quot; instead of &quot;interested&quot;