Reload this Page >

Does anybody know?

Search

Does anybody know?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 03:22 PM
Elise

Does anybody know?

I posted a message earlier in the week about the bull fights in Pamplona, nobody has answered me. Does anyone know if it is safe to watch the running of the bulls? If so, where is the safest place to stand and still get a good view? <BR> <BR>Many thanks for your time.

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 03:46 PM
bebe

The best place to stand is in Peoria, with your TV tuned to CNN. <BR>

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 06:09 PM
Rex

If you used an informative title like "Does anybody know?" my reply is: <BR> <BR>"Does anybody wonder?" why you didn't get a response? <BR> <BR>If youu referred to the bull fights in Pamplona, it probably didn't catch anybody's eye either - - are there bull fights in Pamplona during the festival of San Fermin - - described by Hemingway so many decades ago? <BR> <BR>See www.pamplona.net/engl/tourism/sfindex.html for more information. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 05:01 AM
frank

Any film footage I have seen has been taken from a balcony.The town is full of balconies, but I imagine rooms with balconies will double in price at that time.

Old Apr 29th, 2000, 01:56 AM
maria

Elise,just to watch the running it's safe but is difficult to know where you can watch it better, a good idea is to be at the "plaza de toros" (I don't know how translate it to english but it's the place where bull fights are made) before 8 so you can see the arrival there, the plaza is crowded so try to be early, that's what I did when I was there.

Old Apr 29th, 2000, 08:36 AM
Robin

Elise: <BR> <BR>Have you considered getting down on the streets and joining the run??? <BR> <BR>Personally I think the event is nutty and I couldn't conceive of doing such a thing. That's way beyond my spirit of adventure --- but sure wouldn't mind hearing a first hand account from a participant. Has anyone on the forum joined in the fracas?