DOES ANY TOUR APPROACH TAUCK IN QUALITY?

Old Jan 31st, 2005, 03:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOES ANY TOUR APPROACH TAUCK IN QUALITY?

Help! Does anyone have any first hand experience with the quality of Gate1, Go Ahead, Colette or Key Touirs! Want to know if the accomodations and restaurants are good. Haven't heard from anyone who's been on any of these and am trying to book a land/sea tour in greece for this summer. DOES ANYTHING APPROCACH TAUVK IN QUALITY? (Tauck prices are very high, but we don't want to take a secnd rate trip!) thank you!
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 03:35 PM

Well, there's always Albercrombie and Kent if you want even more deluxe!

I'm no expert at all, as I've never done a tour, but I know that Tauck has the greatest reputation. For what it's worth friends did a number of Tauck tours in the US and Canada and raved, but they did one in Eastern Europe and said it was far from the same type of quality and service they were used to. Now, I don't know how much of that is just because you can't expect the same "quality" in Poland that you get in California.
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 04:03 PM

I haven't done tours with any of the companies you mention, but I did go with Maupintour to Europe twice some years ago. And it was first rate. We stayed at very good hotels, and they limit the number of people to 30. I have done several Tauck Tours in the U.S. and Canada, and loved them, but not to Europe. Maupintour and Tauck are both fairly expensive, but probably worth it.
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 05:16 PM

My husband thought that InTrav was the same, if not superior, in quality as Tauck. But it's kind of like apples and oranges to me: we had Tauck in Western Europe and InTrav in China. But the brochures that we receive indicate that the top dollar you're spending is going toward high-end hotels, restaurants and services galore.

Old Feb 1st, 2005, 03:40 AM

Abercrombie & Kent, Travcoa, and Maupintour. High in price, amenities, and quality. Not necessarily the most fun, however. The country-club crowd can be kinda stuffy.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 04:51 AM

I have toured with Tauck to Europe, and was very satisfied with their arrangements. Nice hotels, very good guides, interesting and informative "guest guides" at certain locations. Very professional company.

I personally think there should be fewer group meals included, but I have learned to just go my own way.

I liked them enough to book with them to France this summer.
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 12:30 PM

USNR
"The country-club crowd can be kinda stuffy."
We are NOT! Just better dressed.