Reload this Page >

Do you need help with Switzerland?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 1998, 12:47 PM
Mathias

If you have any questions about travelling in Switzerland, write to me personally and I'll answer you as fast as possible!

Old Nov 6th, 1998, 01:46 PM
Bob Brown

I am interested in the availability of vacation apartments, Ferienwohnungen, in the Samedan - St. Moritz area. <BR>(Not really in St. Moritz per se.) <BR>Do you have any tourist office addresses in that region? And, if I wrote in English, would I be ok in terms of getting a response?

Old Nov 7th, 1998, 02:28 AM
Mathias

Hi Bob <BR>If you are planning to spend your vacation in Samedan-St. Moritz this winter, it could be difficult to find an apartment, because you're quite late... <BR>Some email addresses (I'm sure that it's no problem to write in English): <BR> <BR>[email protected] <BR>[email protected] <BR>[email protected] <BR>[email protected] <BR>[email protected] <BR> <BR>Websites: <BR> <BR>www.switzerlandtourism.ch <BR>www.graubuenden.ch <BR>www.engadin.ch (where you find the email and postal addresses of tourist informations. Sometimes they respond faster to letters than to emails...) <BR>

Old Nov 8th, 1998, 02:42 PM
Bob Brown

Thanks. I was thinking of next September. We spent 2 weeks this past September in Lauterbrunnen and Saas Grund. No problem. I got by with my mediocre German in Saas Grund; Lauterbrunnen has many English speakers. <BR>Our landlady was actually British; she married a Swiss gentleman. <BR> <BR>Obviously, I plan for a long time. <BR>

Old Aug 25th, 1999, 05:54 PM
athena

Dear Mathias, we are planning a trip in October and would like to stay at Badrutt's Palace in St. Moritz for one night on the way from Salzberg to Venice. This hotel came highly recommended, and we know it is expensive, but what can you tell me about it please? Are there some rooms with more desireable views? Are <BR>the hoteliers nice? This is going to be a highlight of our trip, and we would like to know what to expect and ask for. <BR>Thank you so very much! Also, how far <BR>is it from the railway system and how do we reach the hotel? Thank you again!

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 01:46 PM
Barbara

Mathias, my husband and I are returning to Lucerne after visiting there on our honeymoon 25 years ago. Can you recommend a hotel that would be special. We prefer smaller vs. larger, quaint, etc. Thank you.

Old Aug 30th, 1999, 03:06 AM
pat

My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy and Switzerland the end of September and first of October. We plan to rent a car and drive as we like to stop when we see something interesting. Is this a good plan? Or would we be better off to take the train? <BR>

Old Oct 1st, 1999, 05:32 AM
Electra

Help!!! <BR>I was just informed by Swiss Air that I won't make my connecting flight in Zurich and will have to stay the night. Any suggestions? <BR>Should I find a hotel near the airport or go into the city? I will arrive at 11:00am and fly out the next morning at 10:00am. <BR>Also I will be arriving from Cairo (in the 90's), how cold will it be around November 4th? <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 3rd, 1999, 05:29 PM
jane

I am planning to take my two sons, 11 and 17 to Zermatt to ski. I am trying to decide between staying at the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof or the Mont Cervin and Residence. Do you have any thoughts? Both are 5-star hotels.

Old Oct 8th, 1999, 11:02 AM
Bernadette

Matthias--I am sooo excited about going to Switzerland! I'm going in November and December. I'm not used to cold weather at all, though. What should I start getting in order to be okay over there? I also don't want to stick out too much. Please tell me what is appropriate dress over there. Many thanks!!! <BR>

Old Oct 11th, 1999, 08:23 PM
Alta

Any suggestions on where to look on the net for train schedules for smaller rail stations. All I've found is the Eurail page which lists the main cities. I'll be staying in Oberstaufen, Germany but want to spend most of my time in Switzerland. Plan to get a Swiss Pass and hope it won't be too great a hassle to get from one country to another so I can use it! <BR> <BR>Thanks for the help. <BR>

Old Oct 31st, 1999, 12:08 PM
Dave Hutchinson

Electra.. My hotel recommendation in Zurich is the Hotel Helmhaus. Terrific rooms, convenient to the Bahnofstrasse, great hotelier. We had a 7 AM flight from Zurich. The folks at the Helmhaus got up and made breakfast for us so that we could get our 5:15 AM cab to the airport. <BR>Jane.. We stayed at the Monte Rosa, also a Seiler Hotel (Monte Cervin). It was really terrific and historic. If you like Irish Coffee Syv in Syv's Irish Bar, downstairs in the hotel, makes the best! <BR>Bernadette.. My wife and I are from Florida. We bought Pacific Trails coats with hoods and gloves for our trip in late October and were perfectly comfortable. <BR>Alta.. You shouldn't have any trouble at all with a Swiss Pass. We used one for 9 days in Switzerland last year and had no problem getting anywhere. -Dave- <BR> <BR>