Do you love Paris in the springtime?

May 22nd, 2004, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Do you love Paris in the springtime?

I have looked on Internet sites and threads regarding when to visit Paris. Some sites recommend September, May or June for the weather. Others the off season months of May or October for more reasonable prices and fewer crowds. When do you love to visit Paris?
May 22nd, 2004, 10:09 AM

March/April and October /November
May 22nd, 2004, 10:14 AM

I get my best deals for travel in November, February and March. Weather is relative and it doesn't bother me, but I know that people from southern climates can find those months far more difficult to enjoy.
May 22nd, 2004, 10:21 AM

We went late February through the middle of March. It was cold the first week or so but comfortable after that. The lack of crowds won out over weather for us. The only thing we missed out on was the blossoming of trees and blooming of flowers.
May 22nd, 2004, 10:39 AM

When we went in April, it was still pretty chilly, and wet at times. We still enjoyed it immensely, though!
May 22nd, 2004, 10:39 AM

May and Oct, if possible. But all the other months can present opportunities if you have a positive attitude, plan ahead and are willing to adapt and adjust.

I even liked an aug trip once and everybody had said I was going to hate it. Boy, were they wrong.
May 22nd, 2004, 11:03 AM

Springtime! April! They don't write the songs for nothing! I break into ear-to-to-ear grins thinking of the last 2 Aprils in Paris. It is still chilly, can be rainy or overcast. Easily offset by the blossoms, flowers and new bright green leaves. True, spring makes almost any place pretty, but it particularly enhances the charm and romantic air of Paris. Usually, only could afford to travel in the shoulder season. Spring is really lovely if you can manage it. I would like to try September, so I can get into the water!
May 22nd, 2004, 11:22 AM

We went once for the Christmas week... it was beautiful!
May 22nd, 2004, 11:59 AM

I have been in May and also October. I liked both times. I think October maybe better that particular year. I'm also from Miami, and the cool weather felt so wonderful to me! When I was there in May, it got very hot for a few days, and you actually needed A/C, but that was probably unusual.
May 22nd, 2004, 12:00 PM

Judging from recent posts, it's obvious why CafeBatavia loved Paris in August--all the French had left town.
May 22nd, 2004, 12:49 PM

I've been to Paris in May, June, July, August, September, October, and for the firt time I went there in December last year. All are great times. Last December it was high 40s during the days and low 40s at night. Wore a medium weight coat with scarf, walked a lot and enjoyed Paris as much as in summertime. The Christmas markets around town were fantastic. Lots of good scalloped potatoes and ham at all the markets.

I have discovered that a cold rainy day in Paris is better than a warm sunny day anywhere else on the planet.

Larry J
May 22nd, 2004, 12:53 PM

And Larry, How about my favorite part: a vin chaud in a cafe on the Champs while waiting for the twinkling lights to go on, then walking all the way down to the Place de Concord!
May 22nd, 2004, 01:03 PM

Grasshopper,

Pas mal! One of my favorite things to do before returning to my hotel at night is to walk from the Champs to those great twin green fountains at Place de la Concorde, hang out a while and then walk accross the Pont Alexandre III stopping on the pont to watch the river boats and Eiffel Tower........ Yeah, I'll be going back in a few weeks.

But don't you love those scalloped potatoes and ham they sell at the Christmas markets?

Larry J
May 22nd, 2004, 01:06 PM

Darn, I missed those. I guess I'll have to go back.
May 22nd, 2004, 01:07 PM

A few days we visited in October were summer like in comparison to a week of rain, wind, and cold during one April.
May 22nd, 2004, 01:51 PM

laverendrye, I like your sense of humor. That was very sly of you.