Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Do you know anything about La Palma, Spain?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 1999, 06:11 PM
maryann hensinger

I am trying to locate information on La Palma, Spain which I believe is near Barcelona. If anyone has information that they could share with me, i would greatly appreciate it. I raised a guide dog puppy who was placed with a man living there, and we hope to visit in the future.

Old Aug 29th, 1999, 05:27 AM
Maira

Maryann, what I have heard about La Palma is in relation to the Canaries Islands in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of southwest Spain (?). I confirmed this by doing a search. <BR> <BR>Basically, it is a small island also known as Green Island because of its exhuberant vegetation and natural beauty. Population is about 80,000 people. Distance from Tenerife is about 85 kms, which is where you probably could fly into. The Capital is Santa Cruz de La Palma. <BR> <BR>Try the following site http://www.red2000.com/spain/canarias/la-palma/ <BR> <BR>There are pictures on the site. <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 29th, 1999, 12:39 PM
maryann hensinger

maira, thank you for your response. when i did a search on La Palma, i also came up with the canary islands. i'm sure that we were told that it was like 9 miles from barcelona. maybe there is also a small city by the same name...i'll keep investigating it.

Old Aug 29th, 1999, 12:50 PM
Myriam

I found on my map a village called La Palma, about 100 km southwest from Barcelona. Maybe that's the one you're looking for. I'm very sorry but I could not find more info on that village. <BR> <BR>Or, could it be that you're looking for Palma, the capital of the island of Mallorca, which is also not far from Barcelona?

Old Aug 30th, 1999, 02:52 AM
maryann hensinger

myriam, thank you. i think that you found the La Palma i am looking for. i was told it was close to barcelona. i think i'll call the tourist agency in new york to see if i can obtain any information about it.