Reload this Page >

Hoffmeister Hotel in Prague

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Julie

Has anyone stayed there? Is it convenient to the major sites? How far from a metro? Thanks for any responses. The website on this looks great.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Leslie

From my recollection, I believe the Hoffmeister Hotel is situated on a hill, and if you look at the map, although it is in Mala Strana, it is slightly out of the way from the sites. The pricing seems to be high also, but it is a 5 star hotel.<BR><BR>You might be better off looking at 4 star hotels more centrally located in Mala Strana or the Old Town. You might check out the Hotel Metamorphesus which is in a small square in front of the Tyn Church, which is actually in the Old Town Square.<BR><BR>I stayed at Na Kampe 15 (The House at the Charles Bridge) in Mala Strana, which is only located 50 meters from the Charles Bridge. The hotel is very well situated, and about a 20 minute walk to the Old Town Square, and a 15 minute walk to Prague Castle. Many of the hotels in Mala Strana are 4 star hotels.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Julie

Any other replies? Thanks Leslie. I hate to give up on this yet. It's a Relais and Chateau hotel with some pretty reasonable rates (for R&C) and I'd really like to book it if it's even pretty close to sites. Look terrific.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 08:20 PM
ED

I stayed in this hotel in Dec 99. It is a relatively small hotel,quite modern with very good appointments. Its location is excellent at the base of the hill below the Castle Area. It is a short walk (but steep) up to the Castle. Also about a 10 minute walk to the Charles Bridge. A Metro/Tram Stop is probably less than 100 meters from the hotel. The hotel is fairly quiet even though in a fairly busy area.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 02:46 AM
Julie

Thanks ED, that's just what I wanted to hear. I'm off to contact them. Hope they have availability.

Old Mar 24th, 2004, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just returned from Prague/Budapest vacation. 3 nites at Hoffmeister excellent. It is a bit out of town and you might want to stay more centrally located but I have no suggestions as to where. There is a symphony hall a short walk from the Hoffmeister and we spent two lovely evenings there. One evening our tickets cost around $2 a piece and the second evening they were about $10 each. (Prague is quite small so you can maneuver about quite easily.) The metro is located nearby and you can also take the nearby tram to Loretto Monastry. Our room was beautiful (they gave us a suite) with a gorgeous bathroom. It worked out fine since I was suffering with a cold and slept in the living room when necessary so as not to disturb my husband. The hotel is spotless. We had one dinner there which was wonderful but expensive. The buffet breakfast (included in room rate of 120 euros) was one of the best I've ever had. Try to get a better price if you can. The staff was also very helpful in making our stay a memorable one. The trip from the airport can be done easily by minibus (buy a round trip ticket). Don't take a taxi. Don't think you will be getting good prices on any souvenirs in Prague which is basically on the Euro already. This is the first trip I've taken where I've returned home without having made a single purchase.