Reload this Page >

Do-able London Itinerary???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 12:53 PM
sonya

Please comment- I think we're overdoing this but what to eliminate with 2 teens?<BR>Arrive fr overseas 11:20 Heathrow Thurs am- Heathrow express to Paddington and to Hotel (London Elizabeth) by approx 1:30Pm - catch Big Bus Tour near hotel (2hrs) and then transfer up to British Museum loop -stay at Museum til exhausted - 6:00 ish (late opening) and then back to hotel for dinner and bed<BR>Friday - up early to Tower of London (9-11 am) follow Ben's itinerary and take cruise down Thames (still on BBT ticket from day before) (11:30 til 1:00- tour Westminster Abbey )- and then to Cabinet War Rooms - to St Martin crypt for late lunch/snack and or brass rubbing center - National Gallery and then walk to Eye over London for 6:00 ride. Dinner and then Ceremony of the Keys<BR>Saturday - 7 am Portabello Market - leave when it starts getting crowded - to Horse Guards Parade for 11 am - to Harrods to buy lunch and then to Hyde Park to walk/relax<BR>Later in afternoon to Imperial War Museum and that night maybe London Walk.<BR>We leave London Sunday am but come back for 1/2 day and evening approx one week later (Monday) - want to see St Paul's and Old Bailey and then we have theatre tickets for the evening.<BR>

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 01:48 PM
S

Seems pretty good to me!<BR>Have a great time

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 05:30 PM
janis

Some folks may say it is too much - but you have it pretty well thought out. <BR><BR>My one main comment is that with 4 people 2 hours is not going to be enough at the Tower. One person could probably run throught it in 2 hours - but I find the time takes exponentially more time with each additional person. Everyone will have a different "must see" at the Tower. You probably should count on about 4 hours there.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 06:12 PM
jj

The Big Bus tour is really great. But, their cruise down the Thames only sails once every few hours. we got off the bus not knowing this. We found we would have a 3 hour wait for the boat and went back to the hotel instead. There are long long lines to board the one boat, too.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Uncle Sam

Sonya,<BR><BR>Is this a marathon?<BR><BR>Just kidding... but you could easily stay in the British Museum for at least a half day and possibly a full day.<BR><BR>Having been to London three times, I'd suggest you cut your itenerary about 30% and give yourself time to enjoy the other two thirds of the places you mentioned!

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 10:25 AM
sonya

Thanks for the info on the boats - I was thinking they left every 1/2 hour or so....I think we could skip the Thames cruise and spend more time at the tower as suggested. Thank you.