Search

dLP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2017, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dLP

So I wanted to say that going to DIsneyland Paris outside the French holidays is a good idea.
But I won't comment much more as my thread was removed.
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 05:21 AM

How weird.
Maybe the mods clicked the wrong button in their deleting frenzy?
Or one of them broke up with their boyfriend in Disneyland Paris and took revenge on you?
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 05:24 AM

Darn and I missed your thread!! Obscenity, Wo? I am shocked, I tell you.

When do French holidays end? And do you think DLP or Versailles would be less painful? Or any ideas for an alternative day trip? I wanted to go to DLP mostly for ratatouille ride...and Versailles mostly for carriage museum...but missing either wouldn't be crushing.

On my way to Paris as soon as easy jet figures out their technical difficulties.
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 05:38 AM
Original Poster

French holidays ended last weekend.
There is less than half the people in the park. Biggest queue is 50 min for the thunder train.

Yes Versailles will definitely be less crowded now and unto Easter I would say.
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 05:47 AM

Well, that's a relief. Thanks! Is Versailles a full day, do you think? Do you enjoy DLP? (Or I suppose a more important question would be- have you been to either DL or DW in the US?)
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 06:22 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
There was a big spam attack on the Europe forum overnight so my guess is it was deleted by mistake while they were trying to clean up the mess. When they are deleting hundreds of threads (there were more than 1000 night before last) they could have easily caught yours in the net. Especially if the title was similar to this one.

So maybe try again if it isn't too much trouble . . .
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 07:57 AM

What a shame. Maybe DLP is regarded as unsuitable for most Fodorites? You can certainly read the sneer in some posters comments when people ask about it.
I would have enjoyed reading your views on the place. I have ever been, nor am I likely to go, but it would be an interesting read. My grandsons might want to go even if I don't.
Please repost it.
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 08:01 AM

Yes, if it was a trip report, please repost it! I assumed Fodors had deleted it for a reason, but if accidental, I would love to read a trip report! As last poster said, lots of snide remarks when the topic usually comes up.
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 08:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
We took our kids to nearby Parc Asterix a few years ago and we all loved it.

Lots of fun things to do, you can be cuddled by Obelix, and, amazingly for a theme park, the food was good.
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

We slept in a nearby hotel - explorers by Disney. We had a room for 6 - actually 2 rooms but only one bedroom. Had two fight with the teens. Charming people good restaurant passable breakfast. We took the hotel shuttle - handy and free.
We arrived late at the park (past 11).

Absolutely no queue in the morning we did the Pirates of caribbeans and Indiana jones with queues of less than 15 min. We tried to eat at the blue lagoon - full - then at ? (Alladin) buffet at will but 34 euros. So I queued at Hatti's cantina when my wife queued to get an autograph from Tic et Tac (? In English ? The squirrels).
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Then we went to see a show about frozen - very nice and kids love it.

Buzz lightning took quite a time and now we use our fast pass if the day (a shortcut) to do thunder train.

I between some parades with most of disney characters and I think some fireworks this evening.
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 09:04 AM

hmm I wondered why you were posting my initials Never realized I shared something with Disneyland Paris.
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 09:06 AM

Oh, that does sound like fun! I would love a chip and dale's autograph- I do not think I have seen them in the US parks. Of course now I probably will not go with one less night. On the bright side at least I did not buy a ticket ahead of time
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 09:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
sounds fun, WoinP. The first time we went to Disney in Florida it was February and they had just had a very rare frost, so there was no-one there; we went round the Pirates of the Caribbean 5 times without queuing at all!
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 09:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
The chipmunks were called Chip and Dale in English. They probably don't talk about them too much anymore so that English speaking children will not ask about the other Chippendales they have heard about.
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 09:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Last time I went to Disneyland Paris, my group took Thunder Mountain 5 times in a row without even getting out of the cars, because the park was about to close. (This was at least 15 years ago.)
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 10:03 AM

I've only been to the original, in Anaheim. That was way back when you had E ticket rides. We got our tickets through JPL so could go on all the E ticket rides with minimal queues.
The only thing I actually remember about it though is the parade and fireworks in the evening. Oh and that b$%%^y song It's a Small World.
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 10:32 AM

I'm always intrigued by what you get up to, Wo.

" ... Parc Asterix ... you can be cuddled by Obelix ..."

I hope he didn't drop a menhir on anyone's foot, annhig.
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

The show at closure time is great. Fireworks and laser and projections on the castle plus - of course - some songs from Frozen.

A great day actually. My daughter fell asleep in the 15 min it took us to reach the restaurant Nhu Y in Torci.
Talk about a hole in the wall. Or a wall in a hole.
I am pretty sure it is good though, being recommended by a friend whose wife is vietnamian.
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 11:19 PM

marvelousmouse - Versailles is worth at least an 8 hour trip, including transportation. The place is huge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -