Disney Land to Eiffel tower

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which is the best way to get to Eiffel tower from Disney Land, Also need some suggestion on the River Cruise, will be starting from Disney Land by 2 pm. Also where can i book a reservation for the Eiffel tower.
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 02:04 AM

eurocheapo.com/paris great tips with a map.

RER works best for me for xport usually.

Cozy up to a goof Fodor's Gold Guide do a little

basic redearch for best experience.
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Original Poster

Hello, Are there any city tour for a day available from Disney Land
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 03:26 AM

RER A4 line from Disneyland station to Etoile then #6 metro line to Bir Hakeim then a three block walk to the Eifel Tower....there is a river cruise line right there at the foot of the Eifel Tower. Buy a bilet mobilis for zones 1 to 5 (un a cinq) which wil serve you not only to and fro but for whatever else you might wish to do in Paris that day.
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Original Poster

Hei xyz,

What is "bilet mobilis for zones 1 to 5", where can i buy them

Sid
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Original Poster

I have booked for a 17:30 time slot to the summit of the Eiffel, planning to start from Disney @ 2pm, reach the Eiffel tower area by 3:30pm, catch a cruise trip for 90 mins or so, come back by 5:00pm to the entrance of the tower, little snaps around and ascend at 5:30pm, return down by 6:30pm. Catch a train back to Disney from Bir Hakeim to CDG Etoile, a RER line A back to Disney by 8:30pm.

Do you guys suggest anything else in this time slot(for good photo spots), i know there are many attractions in Paris, but this time we want to cover the Disney Land and more over we are not that museum fans

Sid
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 01:37 AM

I responded on your other thread.
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 01:43 AM

On the Paris metro, a one day unlimited use ticket is known as a mobilis ticket. The word ticket in French is billet. Disneyland is in zone 5, central Paris is zone 1. Now I assume you're going to the Eifel Tower, doing the river cruise and coming back or perhaps doing other things in Paris before returning to Disneyland so that one ticket will cover all your public transport needs that day. If you're not returning to Disneyland, that's another story.
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Original Poster

Hi xyz,
Thanks for the input. So where can i get this Pass, further would it be economical fot RER A4 line from Disneyland station to Etoile then #6 metro line to Bir Hakeim and back the same way.
Also looking for some more info on the below
We are planning for a one day hop-on-off buses trip around Paris, since we are staying at the Disney Village, which is the most convenient place to catch this Bus, Is a advance booking required for these buses.
We will be traveling in mid October 2adults+1child. We are planing to start early morning by 9 am, finish the hop-on-off bus trip by 3pm, catch a River cruise finish this by 5pm, Have booked Eiffel Tower Summit for 5:30pm, Finish this and get back to Disney village by 8pm.
Need your advice whether this is doable in a day
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 02:58 AM

Yes...with a billet mobilis you are covered with all trnsport, metro, bus, RER transport within zones 1 to 5 for the day...it costs about the same as a single return ticket from Disneyland to Bir Hakiem but if you do anything else on the metro that day while in Paris, you will be covered.

I believe the hop on hop off bus stops right near the Eifel Tower but I haven't used it. The mobilis ticket is not valid on that.
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 04:21 AM
Original Poster

Xyz thank you very much for your advice,
where can i get these mobilis tickets and need little info at Etoile station, is the change from RER A4 to 6 metro confusing and should i swipe the mobilis ticket somewhere before entering into #6 metro to Bir Hakeim, I may sound little dumb here, but since this is our first time travel into Europe and using the metro train
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 12:59 PM

Hi sids...piece of cake...the day you travel at the manned (or womanned) window at Disneyland RER A4 station (Marne Valee..) you simply ask for billet mobilis pour les zones un a cinq...there shouldn't be a problem although I once had a snot face woman claiming I couldn't buy a mobilis ticket and had to buy a Paris visite as the mobilis is intended only for French citizens...I put her in her place quickly...moibilis tickets are available to anybody....to enter the RER you enter the ticket (it's a small tickjet slightly bigger than a metro ticket) and walk downstairs to the trains....hop on the train indicated as leaving first....it's only 40 minutes or so to Etoile0Charles de Gaulle...you leave the RER at that point...the signs are very easy to follow (correspondance)...to leave the RER you will have to again enter your ticket in the turstile...the RER is zoned...yhou will then be in the metro station of Etoile-Charles de Gaulle...just follow signs for the #6 metro...you will not pass through any control nor any control at Bir Hakeim (BTW the #6 line starts at Etoile so you can't go in the wrong direction!...

When it's time to return...if it's from Bir Hakeim or any other metro station you enter the ticket into the turnstile....again when you get to Etoile forllow signs for correspondance RER A....when you get to the RER loevel you will go through another turnstile where you enter your ticket to enter the RER....the signs are easy to follow although the RER A has several different branches....just follow the signs for RER A direction Marne La Vallee 0 Parc Disneyland...even on the track it rtuns on there are other branches of the RER A line but the signs will show you where the next train is headed...Parc Disneyhland is the last stop...to leave the RER at that stop, yhou will need the ticket in the turnstile.

I think that descrimbes the procedure.
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 02:01 PM

From what I read, the Mobilis for zones 1-5 is 14 euros, and is does not cover RER to airport. You would need one for every person.

Would it not be cheaper to just buy a couple of carnets (10 tickets) at 12,50 each for the group, in addition to the RER to/from the airport?

I would not expect that they will be doing that many Metro rides.
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Original Poster

Hei XYZ, First of all Thanks a Lot for such a detail procedure of the ticket and train system, After reading your post i am relaxed a bit regarding the train journey.
however i did not get what Michel is trying to say.
Thanks again Xyz..
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 02:45 AM

Perhaps Michel misunderstood me....the station I called Etoile Charles de Gaulle is not the airport...I should have just left it as Etoile which is the station at the end of the Champos Elysee where the Arc de triomphe and the avenues all radiate....Michel is right about the mobilis ticket and Charles de Gaulle airport...it's a different tarification system...my assumption is we're talking about a day trip from Disneyland into Paris and back to Disneyland in which case my suggestions are correct.