Reload this Page >

Disney land Paris

Search

Disney land Paris

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 1999, 09:12 PM
Teri

Disney land Paris

We have only 2 days to spend in Paris. We have 2 boys 8 & 12. Would any one suggest spending one of those days at Disneyland Paris( March 22 )? Any other suggestions? Our hotel is in Chelles.

Old Feb 11th, 1999, 11:50 PM
Vincent

Let's get things straight : do you want to spend the two days in the - somewhat dreary - country + Disneyland, or do you want to spend them in Paris ? Chelles is 50 km from Paris, in the middle of nowhere, closer to Disneyland than Paris, but maybe not very handy to access it. Then, if you want to cross the ocean to do something you could do -better, and for less money - at home, it's up to you...

Old Feb 12th, 1999, 02:12 AM
Tracy

Bravo Vincent! Hi Teri, <BR> <BR>Why oh why fly to France and waste 1 of 2 days in a plastic theme park? I vowed during my solo summer 'round Europe to avoid Americanized tourist traps . . . <BR> <BR>My junior high school trip to France made such an impression on me; 8- and 12-year olds would really get into clambering up to the top of Notre Dame, up close & personal with gargoyles; clambering up le Tour Eiffel; exploring the sewers of Paris (it's a great tour!) . . . get yourself a 2star hotel in the 4th, 5th or 6th arrondissements, and have fun tiring them out! <BR> <BR>Bon sejour alors! You can do Anaheim later. <BR>xo <BR>T

Old Feb 16th, 1999, 02:43 PM
Robin

Teri: <BR> <BR>Understandable that with two boys of that age, you'd consider going to Disneyland; BUT, Teri, the answer is positively, undeniably, & definitively NO, NO, NO - you will not spend a valuable day in Paris @ Disneyland. <BR>(you will be forgiven if the kids make you go into McDonalds - it's a good pitstop if you need to use the bathroom) <BR>

Old Feb 22nd, 1999, 12:16 AM
Carol

Dear Teri, <BR> <BR>People can be quite snobbish about European travel. I can understand your interest in Eurodisney with boys of that age. We visited Paris twice when my daughter was six and we were living in Germany and a bit homesick for the U.S. On one visit, my husband took my daughter to Disneyland Paris. He said she had fun but was not that impressed. In the end, she had as much fun at Monet's Garden in Giverny, or sailing boats at the Luxemburg Gardens, or climbing the Eiffel Tower. You don't say where else you will be going, but I would look for adventurous sights (eg Salt mines in Austria, hiking Garmich gorge, etc.) The sewer tours of Paris may interest your boys, as may the old prison (forgot the name-- where Marie Antoinette, et al, were imprisoned --it's quite spooky.) My daughter enjoyed the museums more than I would have expected. Your boys are a wonderful age to take to Paris. My husband said EuroDisney was not as good as Disneyworld. Take the day for Paris! <BR>

Old Feb 22nd, 1999, 02:14 AM
Alan Hemson

If you only have 2 days I would also give Disney a miss. There is so much to see in Paris, Tracey's suggestions are good ones. The Eiffel Tower is stunning, the views are just amazing. <BR> <BR>I'd also recommend Versailles, the home of Marie Antionette, which is South West of Paris. Our 9 year old had a great time there, the grounds are incredible and the house and history are magnificent. <BR> <BR>So I'd say stuff Walt and see the real Paris.