Reload this Page >

Dinner in Paris on Valentine's Day

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 04:23 PM
Mike

I am thinking of making a reservation at Le Jules Verne on Valentine's Day. Is this a good choice or are their nicer, more romantic restaurants? Keep in mind that my wife is not as adventurous as I am as far as the palet is concerned.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:08 AM
Rex

I would say that Jules Verne would be an excellent choice. There are undoubtedly other good choices, but my two other favorites are 45 minutes out of town (less if you go there by helicopter; they do have a private heliport for their high end clients who use it) - - Chateau d'Esclimont at St. Symphorien, or 2+ hours away in Montbazon (Loire Valley): Chateau d'Artigny. The fabled home of the French cosmetics magnate Coty.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:42 AM

to the top

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:44 AM
Wendy

Are you more intersted in the view or the food? I think Jules Verne is a nice place, the food was great and the view is fantastic. However the dinner I had at Taillevant was over the top amazing! Not as many tourists. Make your reservations as soon as they'll allow you for anywhere though!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:25 PM
Sarabeth

I would definitely agree with Wendy. Taillevent is a once-in-a-lifetime place...it was closed when we were in Paris this past week so we chose Le Grand Vefour for our big celebration (my 50th Bday). It was incredible and above it all, everyone was very nice..not at all snobby. They even brought a big thing with a candle on it and took a polaroid for us to have right away. There is a prix fixe menu for lunch that is quite reasonable. It was great...I would also recommend Pain d'Epi for lunch. Near le Bon Marche department store....lunch menu was 29.50 Euros (about the same in dollars, unfortunately)but it was a fabulous lunch...again, very nice, we had a great time...