Reload this Page >

Dinner Cruises In Paris

Search

Dinner Cruises In Paris

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 09:51 PM
Gary Duncan

Dinner Cruises In Paris

We are going back to Paris in May 2001. I have been intrigued with the Bateaux Mouche dinner cruises. Are they a tourist rip off? Has anyone had a good experience. If so, what company did you use and how would I contact them. Thanks!

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 01:45 AM
elaine

Hi <BR>If you do a search on this forum for Paris dinner cruise you will find many past postings. A few people love them, but most comments mention the high price and mediocre food. Alternatively, spend the money on a good dinner somewhere else and start or end your evening with just an evening cruise to see the lighted buildings of Paris without dinner. Vedettes de Pont Neuf is one boat line that I like and that has been recommended by others.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 11:46 AM
Robin

Elaine has good advice to search for other comments. I'm one who wasn't too impressed. It seemed unique and special when we got the idea, but I don't think I'd recommend it. For one thing, the dinner boats are enclosed, so you don't have a clear a view of the monuments as you would on one of the daytime open-air cruises. If it's a nice evening, an open air cruise without dinner or just a walk along the Seine would be equally nice.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Lori

Tourist rip off!! Save your money, have a nice dinner someplace and do the Bateaux Mouche separately. The ride is nice, but skip the overpriced dinner.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Tom

The cruises that leave from the Pont Neuf are great. Real English speaking guides, not recordings. Agree with the skip the meal advice. Better also to see during the day when it's light out.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 03:16 PM
Ed

Actually an evening cruise is quite pleasant. If doing only one I'd do the day, but if you can fit in two, add the evening. The city has a lovely look at night. <BR> <BR>But do it without dinner. It's an expense account price. The food isn't bad, but certainly not up to the price and (elegant) presentation. Especially in Paris where there are so many fine places to eat in all price ranges, eat on land, see the sights later. <BR> <BR>If you &gt;are&lt; on an expense account, take your client to dinner on the river ... they will be impressed. <BR> <BR>Ed