Reload this Page >

Dining solo in Amsterdam?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 04:09 PM
aloneagain

Can anyone recommend "single-friendly" restaurants in Amsterdam? I mean sit down dinner places where you can feel comfortable dining alone. Perhaps where you get seated with others? Or where there are lots of tables for one or two? Thanks.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Patrick

One of my favorite restaurants in Amsterdam is Luden, which is very near the Spui tram station. I have always noticed a number of single diners there -- some appearing to be business people. They are very friendly there and I think you'd be comfortable.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 05:26 PM
john

<BR>Another vote for the Luden, also one of my favorites. Drop in at the Hoppe cafe after 18:00 and maybe you'll meet someone so you won't need to dine alone. Hoppe is just down the street at the Spui. It's very friendly even if they don't know your name.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 02:30 AM
aloneagain

Thanks Patrick and john, sounds exactly like what I'm looking for!

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 03:28 AM
Patrick Wallace

de Blauwe Hollander in Leidsekruisstraat - seats everyone at (rather cramped) refectory style tables. You don't have to chat to your neighbours if you don't want to, but you don't end up looking as though you've been stood up either! I've been going there for nearly 20 years off and on. The food is what might politely be described as heartily Dutch, but is OK. The atmosphere is friendly, but busy.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 03:59 AM
Pauline

Hi, I'm another who will be dining solo in Amsterdam, later this year. Has anyone any comments on Cafe Dante??

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 06:35 AM
cyndy

Just returned from Amsterdam. I was with another lady, and we really like two very nice restaurants in the Canal area - Sancerre and Christof - expensive but small, quiet, friendly, good. They are located near the Sheraton Pulitzer, a wonderful hotel on the Prinsengracht.