Reload this Page >

Dingle Peninsula--Places to stay???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 07:15 PM
erin

Hello. I need a place to stay!! I would prefer a cheap B&B in Dingle. I can't seem to get in touch with any of the places I have found on the internet. If you have stayed in a particular B&B that you liked, please tell me! And if you have an email address, that would be even better. Thanks!

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 07:25 PM
xxx

www.kerrycottages.com <BR>

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 08:16 PM
kam

Not a B&B, but a small hotel and very centrally located is Doyle's Seafood Restaurant/ Hotel. Sounds strange, I know, but it's a very nice little hotel attached to the restaurant. Ask if you could have the room on the second floor facing the main street. It's not terriby cheap, but is great value for the money. Dingle is wonderful--enjoy!

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 03:59 AM
Bob

Try Greenmount House, but its not cheap. <BR>www.greenmounthouse.com

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 04:39 AM
Judy

Hi Erin, and thanks, Kam for the tip on Doyles...We are staying there Aug. 14-17 and we will ask for the the room on the second floor, looking out on the main street. Is it larger or just more interesting? Did you go to their restaurant? How was breakfast? I should probably buy pants with elastic &lt;g&gt;, so I can fit in them, with all the food, beers and treats that we will be trying! I can not wait to go! Judy

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 09:11 AM
Lisa B

Hi Erin, <BR> <BR>Kam's suggestion of Doyle's is great, just beware - as we found out, it can be noisy on the street below, as lots of high school and college aged youths flock to Dingle on the weekend nights. Otherwise, it is a nice place to stay.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 09:37 AM
Patti Suttle

Erin-I have not stayed here yet but I have heard that it is very nice and the hosts have been great to work with via e-mail (we're staying there in June). Their web site shows a lovely home and it is reasonable. It's called The Lighthouse B&B in Dingle. <BR> <BR>http://homepage.tinet.ie/~murphydenis/index.html <BR>Their e-mail is: [email protected] <BR>Denis Murhpy is the host. <BR>Hope this helps. Oh yeah, its 23Irish punts per night w/full Irish breakfast. <BR>Patti

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Dave

Kirrara House B&B was great, and they have one single room for around 18-20IRP. Unfortunately, since it's been mentioned in Rick Steve's guides, it will probably be full of American tourists if you're there in the summer. <BR> <BR>The owners also offer a couple of 2-hour tours of the Dingle Peninsula, which are great for those of us who rely on public tranport.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Bill

We stayed a nice farmhouse B&B just outside the town of Ventry, down the road from Dingle - the Moriarity Farmhouse. Here's the website: <BR>http://homepage.eircom.net/~farwestkerrytravel/ <BR>

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Deb

I stayed at Heaton's; it again is not cheap but definitely pleasant and the breakfast is superb. On the web at <BR> <BR>http://www.kerry-insight.com/heatons/

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 01:15 PM
Linda

We stayes at the Duinin House in Dingle. It was very nice. We paid 20 punts per night and had a wonderful breakfast. Pat's savory omlete was great. You can [email protected] and see the house ..http://homepage.tinet.ie/~pandaneligan It is about 3/4 mi. from town, but the setting is beautiful. From the breakfast room you look right down to Dingle Bay. It was a fun place. The Dingle pub is picture perfect. The Smokehouse had good food. Small Bridge and Murphy's pub a must. We heard wonderful music at Small Bridge. The Slea Head drive east from Dingle is breathtaking. Also, Connor Pass is just north of Dingle and can be very scenic.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 03:53 PM
Jane

I booked 2 rooms at the Milltown House in Dingle for June. They are not cheap,around 48 punts for seaview rooms, but I've heard some good reviews. Has anyone else stayed there? THanks!

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 09:01 PM
Judith

Erin: <BR> I second the nomination for The Lighthouse in Dingle. We stayed there last June and were treated royally. The house is beautiful, breakfast was delicious -you can look right out the windows of the breakfast room across <BR>the Bay over to the ring of Kerry. Mary and Dennis couldn't be nicer or more helpful. I'd stay there again if I were going this year - hope to make it in 2002! Have a wonderful time. I've always enjoyed staying at B&B's <BR>mostly for the opportunity to meet the people who run them - I've never been disappointed- and also the guests from al over the world.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 04:26 PM
Erin

Wonderful suggestions-thank you everyone! I haven't made any final plans yet but I'll let you know when I do.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 05:10 PM
Eileen

Jane, <BR>You will love the Milltown House! Our family of 13 stayed there last year and it couldn't have been nicer. The Kerrys are wonderful people- Anne prepares delicious breakfasts and her husband serves and entertains with his marvelous Irish wit. Their daughter, Tara, is a delight, also. The setting is beautiful, overlooking Dingle Bay. Have a great time!

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 08:36 AM
Mickey

Hello <BR>The best site i can recommend is the http://www.ireland.travel.ie Its run by the irish tourist board and lists has a great sevtion on accommodation in ireland, in particulra cheap hostels and B&Bss in every corner of Ireland. You'll find lots to choose from in Dingle and it will quote price, distance to local attractions , activities and email/Phone contacts for reservation etc <BR>Have a great time