Reload this Page >

Dingle or Doolin?

Search

Dingle or Doolin?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 1999, 10:35 AM
Kris

Dingle or Doolin?

Hi all: my Ireland travel planning continues, and I'd appreciate any opinions on how many nights are sufficient for Dingle and Doolin. We plan to do both, but have 3 nights for the southwest coast area. So - 2 nights Dingle, and 1 in Doolin? Or the other way 'round? Any hotel/inn or B&B suggestions?

Old Nov 6th, 1999, 02:57 PM
Kathleen

Hi Kris, <BR>Both towns are good places to visit although Dingle tends to be over run with more tourists than Doolin - so it depends on what you want. There is generally lots of good music pubs in Doolin and nice walks but the same can be said for Dingle. Most people would do 1 Doolin and 2 Dingle but it up to yourself - when are you going ? If you are travelling later this winter or prior to march you could always change your plans as you go along. Sorry no tips on B&Bs/hotels. Hope this rambling answer helps

Old Nov 7th, 1999, 03:27 PM
Mark

Hi--We just got back from the west of Ireland, and spent three nights in Dingle at a new B&B we would HIGHLY recommend called "An Cappal Duph", the black horse. The owners are a young couple who have sold a farm and have built a wonderful combination of B&B and self-catering apartments on the site of the family's in-town stable and butcher shop. They opened this spring. The B&B is just across the street from Dick Mack's pub and leather store (where Julia Roberts and other celeberities have stars on the walk), and next door to St Mary's church. Our room had light pine floors and furniture, skylights, and a view over the village of Dinble Bay. They're closed for the year as of this week, taking a vacation to North Africa themselves, but if your plans are for next spring, check them out. Oh, I'd also highly recommend the lunches or early dinners (they end food service at 5PM) at Adams Pub, which is just up the street and around the corner from An Cappal Duph. Their crab salad and potato cakes (separate meals) are great. Have a wonderful time.

Old Nov 14th, 1999, 07:42 AM
Patrick

Two years ago spent three nights in Dingle as wonderful inn called Milltown House and then two nights in Dingle at country house, on the hill outside of town called Aran View Hotel. Both were great. We spent all day at Doolin by going by boat to Aran island and bicycling. It was spectacular, but otherwise not much to do in the daytime in Doolin. However, their pubs are perhaps the most "authentic in Ireland, particularly for local music". Dingle has lots more to do, and closer drives and walks. We could have spent more time there. So if you are limited to three nights, I say yes, do 2 in Dingle and 1 in Doolin. It's all so beautiful, you'll be happy wherever you stay!!! Have fun. Email me for details if you want more.

Old Nov 15th, 1999, 05:04 PM
D

Kris, <BR>My husband and I were in Ireland in June and spent 3 great nights in Dingle. We stayed at Doyles Seafood Bar and Townhouse, in the heart of Dingle. Easy walking distance to everything and their food is great. Most pubs have music, but they'll also steer you to the best. They'll make reservations for meals etc. They have a restaurant and you'll need reservations. The rooms are comfortable and clean and nice. There is no smell from the seafood. <BR>The pub with the stars out front has great music as stated above. email address for Doyles is [email protected]. Web site is www.iol.ie/~cdoyles/indexhtml <BR>Have fun we did <BR>D <BR>