Reload this Page >

Did I Dream this? Procida

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 01:58 PM
nancy

I haven't been coming here with the frequency I used to.<BR>But, I seem to recall a thread on the island Procida within the last month.<BR>when I did a Text Search, it only pulled up my own thread from last March.<BR>Was I dreaming?<BR>Is the search engine behaving in it's usual manner?<BR>Or can someone tell me if there really was a recent thread on the island?<BR>Thanks!!!!

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 02:31 PM
wes fowler

Nancy,<BR>Don't think you've lost your mind. There may well have been a recent posting referring to Procida. Postings dating back at least to early November have apparently not yet been indexed by the Fodors folks. As a result, they're sitting out in the ether somewhere and not readily recoverable via the search function.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 02:49 PM
michele

Nancy,<BR>You're not dreaming. There was an excellent report on Procida posted by Joedy, the Naval Officer in Naples. It was posted fairly recently, so Wes's explanation makes sense.<BR><BR>M.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 03:38 PM
nancy

thanks guys for the sanity check!!<BR>Michele,<BR>Joedy's name rings a bell.<BR>I'll do another search tomorrow.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 03:51 PM
s.fowler

Hi nancy!<BR>What I've been doing is going back 50 by 50 messages --- using the 'find' function of the browser to look for the word -- but be sure you've reclicked on the left frame to do that. You still have tyo search but it's easier than scrolling.

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 10:56 AM
nancy

Still am unable to pull up Joedy's thread on the Text Search.<BR>anyone else with more magic fingers, able to help?<BR>Or can someone provide me with Joedy's e-address?<BR>Thanks!!

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 10:58 AM
nancy

oops.<BR>did a Text search on Joedy.<BR>Have a hotmail address which I will try,<BR>but still not pullling up the thread.<BR>Waaahhh