Deruta besides ceramics

May 21st, 2012, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Deruta besides ceramics

What can the guys do in or very near deruta while the women shop? Shopping is the last thing on their list. Thank you for any suggestions. Also any good restaurants there?
Jrecm
May 21st, 2012, 12:43 PM

Find a cafe, drink wine, works for my dh.
May 21st, 2012, 12:55 PM

found Deruta to be devoid of anything other than countless pottery displays. Gave it short shrift on way to Peruguia from Todi, a much more intersting nearby town with scenic views and a beautiful cathedral...
May 21st, 2012, 02:30 PM

I'm a male and I have delighted in the conversations I've had with other males who hover outside the shops of Deruta--particularly those found in the upper town where there is a concentration of artisans. The scene is constantly repeated, husband or husbands hanging outside the shops looking around for something to do and pensively waiting on the wife's decisions.

There are a couple of cafes in the upper town and a small grocery store--plenty of opportunities to have a coffee, beer or wine. Down below, we have had good luck with Ristorante Locanda del Bracconiere which serves typical umbrian cuisine. Honestly, with the amount of joy and delight the women show in shopping this ceramic mecca, its easy even for this fervent non-shopper to enjoy a visit. Have fun. Paul
May 21st, 2012, 02:31 PM

Forgot to mention Torgiano--a very famous wine museum and winery in the nearby town.
May 21st, 2012, 03:31 PM

Are you serious?
You mean you trust her to pick the right stuff? I am right there offering my opinion.
May 21st, 2012, 09:12 PM
Original Poster

Thank you but it looks like we're are doomed. Dh has a good time no matter where he lands. Ps He would never trust me to pick anything!! Thanks everyone,,,,.