Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Denmark, Norway or Holland For A Week! Which Do I Choose???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 1999, 07:15 PM
Cal Duke

We are debating on taking a timeshare in one <BR>of these three countries. Can anyone voice some strong opinions on which will be the best choice? We love biking, sighseeing, <BR>photography, dining and attending local festivals. We plan to travel in the month of <BR>May. What's your opinion?

Old Oct 20th, 1999, 11:06 PM
Kaja

Hi, <BR>Since I am a norwegian I must recomend Norway. Norway in the springtime is beautiful. I garantee you will have a good time. Norway celebrate the Constitutional Day the 17th of May, so that would be a good time to visit. I don't think you will ever experience anything like that celebration in any other country. Check out these webpages about Norway: <BR>http://www.tourist.no/ <BR>www.norway.org <BR>http://www.gonorway.no/index3.html <BR>http://www.norwegian-scenery.com/ <BR>http://www.touristguide.no/index_en.shtml <BR>By the way, National Geographic just stated that the norwegian coast is one of the nature experiences on the list of 50 places that is a must see. <BR>If you have any questions about Norway I would love to answer them! <BR>Kaja <BR>

Old Oct 21st, 1999, 02:59 AM
Lu B.

Denmark! A lovely little, big country. Small in size, big in spirit and beauty. The countryside is pretty and Copenhagen is a wonderful, friendly city.

Old Oct 21st, 1999, 06:24 AM
Bill Irving

We were in Scandinavia, at he End of May, beginning of June, in 1996. While we liked Stockholm & Copenahgen very much, our favorite was Oslo. The people were fantastic, as was the scenery, food, & attractions. Also we were there at the tailend of a big music festival all over town. There were various outdoor stages downtown, with various types of music - classical to folk to Rock to heavy metal - all free & all outside. Don't know if that occurs every year, maybe somebody else will know. The temperature was also fantastic, atleast that year, it was in the upper 70's, which may have contributed to happiness of the locals. Plenty of photographic opportunities with the outdoor museum, the Viking Ship museum, habor - fiord - castle areas, from the ski jump, & also at Vigeland Park, among other places. & that is only in Oslo. Then you could spend time in Bergen & coastal areas. I like all the countries you mention, but if I had to make a choice today, it would be Norway.

Old Oct 21st, 1999, 06:47 AM
Kimberley

What cities are the timeshares in? That could make a big difference. I would vote for Norway, I loved Oslo too, but I loved Bergen even more. However, Lillehammer was really not worth visiting in my opinion. Would you want to travel around, or just stay in the city where your timeshare would be?

Old Oct 21st, 1999, 01:32 PM
lola

Generalities, but...Amsterdam is fabulous for biking, and flower-filled in May. <BR>Norway is one of the most beautiful regions on earth. WAterfalls will be dramatic with mountain runoff. <BR>(Denmark is pleasant and charming, but doesn't compete; have been to all these places many times, and D falls a bit short for me over a long period.) But hey, you can't lose.

Old Oct 26th, 1999, 03:18 PM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>I'd say Norway too but it's a very expensive country so if finances are a concern, then I'd suggest Holland of the three.