Reload this Page >

Delta SkyMiles Service Stinks!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 06:05 AM
guy

I have been trying to get credit on my SkyMiles account since May for some hotel stays that were heavily advertised by both Delta and Wyndam. What a run around!!!! I have written letters, faxed receipts, talked to two representatives over the past several months. This morning I attempted to call again and now I am told there is no one you can talk to in the SkyMiles Program---NO ONE!!! The only way to communicate is via letter or fax. What a great service, huh? And just for further information I have elite membership status with them. Just so you know what good that does you. I know the other's airlines are probably no better but just wanted to share my experience with Delta.

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 06:11 AM
Paige

I've had similar problems with AA's program. I think they all stink. I don't know why they bother with all these 'partners' because I never can seem to get credit for them!

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 12:29 PM
Terry

I thought about getting a Delta card since they are the airline flying out of our airport but did'nt because it is an Aamerican Express card and so few places take it. <BR>I have had AA Visa for years and it works fine as long as you only use it for air tickets. <BR> <BR>I have just last week changed to the Capitol One card, ($19 per yr vs $55 for AA) which allows one to fly on any airline - miles accru as with AS. Has anyone used this card?

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 12:35 PM
howard

Terry, I don't know where you've been or are going to, but on two trips to Italy in the past 12 months totalling 21 days, I've only used my American Express card. I've never been turned down--from big cities like Rome and Milan to small towns like Bellagio and Positano.

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 03:33 PM
Terry

Howard, have you tried using the card in the USA? I asked a number of extablishments if they took Aamerican Express and at leas 30% said no. I don't know about you but I put everything on the card 1. For the miles and 2. for the convenience.

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 04:16 PM
Joan Doyle

I can't imagine what the problem is with your American Express card. Not only do I use mine here in the Deep South for airline reservations but I regularly buy ALL my groceries with it--and have no complaints. Joan

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 05:36 AM
howard

I'm with Joan on using the Amex card. Sure, once in a while an establishment won't take it, but hardly 30% of the time. I like its miles program because you can transfer miles to several airline programs. I've redeemed miles with three different airlines in the past three years...including Delta! I call that convenient! (Hey, I'm sounding like an American Express commercial!)

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 06:24 AM
Brad

I 2nd, 3rd and 4th the remark about getting credit with AA for their FF program. I made 2 trips on one of their partner airlines and each time AA has requested: Boarding Passes(who keep them anyway); flight information; date; etc. I sent all of the above (I keep my boarding passes) and received a card from AA stating additional information required. I resubmitted and stated the only item left that I have not already sent was the name of the passenger next to me. You guessed it, another card from AA requesting a copy of my boarding pass for the 3rd time. Stay away from AA (American Airlines), there are better airlines to choose from.

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 06:31 AM
Judy

Hi Guy, I probably will be the voice of dissent. I just received a wonderful round trip ticket from Delta Skymiles! I even finagled a non stop from Dublin to Atlanta for 2 people in Aug. 2001. I consider that pretty wonderful. I use my AmEx for everything also. Maybe, the old catch more flies with honey than vinegar applies here IMHO.

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 07:59 AM
Harriett

I just had an e-mail from AmEx yesterday (I have their Delta SkyMiles Optima card) saying that effective 10/1 they are giving double miles for EVERY purchase -- certainly an incentive to use the card for as much as possible. Then we'll see if I have any better luck redeeming the miles for actual flights, either on Delta or a partner!

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 06:35 PM
howard

Harriett, to encourage you: This summer we flew cross country on Delta, using Amex miles for all but 5,000 of the required amount for two round trip tickets. We had no problem booking the August flights in April or May.