Delays at DeGaulle Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at DeGaulle Airport arriving on AirFrance's flight from Newark exactly 1 week before the collapse at the terminal last month. Now I am planning to go on the same flight next month. Has anyone experienced unusual delays since this terminal has closed? I have to make a connecting flight with just a little over an hour to spare.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 03:56 AM

I flew in to CDG on AF about the same time as you, Lolo, also arriving at 2E. My departure on AF was from another terminal entirely, and I had no problems whatsoever making my connection (similarly short connection, and my earlier flight was delayed a bit as well).

I don't know if this flight was originally destined to leave from 2E, but if it was then AF managed to deal with the issue.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 05:49 AM

We arrived two hours after the collapse and they took us to the cargo area, we deplaned into buses that took us to the "old" terminal. Tourists we talked to that arrived within the hour had a bit more confusion and we found that those that landed a day or two later noticed no inconvenience. When we arrived (via bus) at the old terminal everything went very smoothly - a faster arrival process than most. We were the only ones in the baggage claim area, but taxis were waiting right outside. Some tourists had delays while the pre-arranged shuttle service tried to locate them - we were very glad we had planned on just grabbing a cab.
So, I guess I say all that to say this...within a short period of time, CDG went smoothly to a Plan B. I'm not sure what the specifics are, but I would imagine that by now departures and arrivals are occuring without any delays.
Kudos to their handling of the situation that morning. They did a marvelous job in a very scary time for us.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 06:00 AM

This is odd...according to the thread index there were six replies to this thread but I only see two...a glitch somewhere?
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 06:12 AM

They might have been deemed not worthy by the censors.