Decorator Fabrics in Paris???

Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:54 AM
kjl

Decorator Fabrics in Paris???

Would appreciate any info on the best places to shop for french fabrics to be used for upholstery. Are there any good outlets and markets also within Paris for finding decorator fabrics at reasonable prices.

I leave on Friday for 12 days.
Many thanks. This forum is the best for information.

kjl

Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:36 AM
Christina

There are lots of fabric stores up in Montmartre around rues Steinkerque and Charles Dodier, around pl St-Pierre. there's a big market/store there called Marche St-Pierre which has a fabric store in it (here is the URL www.marche-saint-pierre.fr), Dreyfus Deballage, which has upholstery fabrics and low prices. The fabric store Reine nearby is also good (5 pl St-Pierre).

Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:25 PM
xxx

Is this the thread you thought was deleted?

Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:25 AM
Christina

not me but maybe kjl did

Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:30 AM
Sue

I think Pierre Frey on rue Jacob in 6th sells upholstery fabrics, but they would probably not be "reasonably" priced. I think there are other stores on that street, as well, that sell fabrics. Maybe someone else knows more about this.

Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:34 AM
kjl

Yes, this is the thread that disappeared.
Christina, thanks for the info.

2 days and counting...

kjl

Apr 3rd, 2002, 01:00 PM
Boots

Some shops can be found on the Place Furstemberg in the 6th. The Pierre Frey shop Sue mentions is on the corner of rue Jacob and rue Furstemberg. I agree with her that these are not inexpensive shops, but they have beautiful things.
Boots

Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:08 PM
Leslie

Casiman
15, rue de la Chapelle, 75018
Tel: 01.42.09.30.09
Fax:01.42.09.35.99
Sells Pierre Frey, Manuel Canovas, etc. at a 20% discount. Here's the catch: You have to order 2 weeks ahead of time - you can't just walk in, order and pick up your fabric a day or so later. If you have it shipped, you will eat up your savings. It's worth a call or a fax to see if they can get what you need within your time frame. I'm assuming you already know exactly what you want, names, style numbers etc.) It's a fabric freak's dream and half a block from the Marx Dormoy metro.