Search

December Recommendations for Milan and onwards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2022, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
December Recommendations for Milan and onwards

Hello,

I will be in Milan for 6 days in early December before joining a friend for onward travels in Asia. I have been to the Amalfi coast and Rome on an extended trip before so would love to do something different and new. Any recommendations for early december trips out of Milan? Never been to switzerland or Cinque Terre. Are those viable options in early December. Would prefer to travel by train over planes as I have international flights ahead. Appreciate your recommendations.

Thank you!
Old Oct 12th, 2022, 09:54 AM

I would go to Venice for at least four of the days. I would worry about weather for Switzerland (are you taking much winter clothing?), and CT is not a December destination.
If Venice is not appealing, Turin sounds lovely and I think would have a lot to offer a solo traveler.
Old Oct 12th, 2022, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

I will have winter clothing. Never been to Venice so that is very appealing.
Old Oct 12th, 2022, 10:54 AM

Then you may very well be equipped for Switzerland, but someone else will have to advise on best options as I am not familiar with the train routes. Coincidentally, I am going to Switzerland next week, and sorting out weather was quite challenging (I want to avoid being in the mountains in the rain). It is also very expensive, whereas in Italy you get tremendous value for your money, if that is a consideration.
Old Oct 12th, 2022, 06:38 PM

Heading to Northern Italy in two weeks for a month. Milan, Turin, Genoa and Bologna. Check out the small towns outside these cities within 1/2 to 1 hr and there are some delights. Bergamo is at the time of my list and am stopping at Lake Como although terribly out of season, the Lake looks fabulous.
Old Oct 13th, 2022, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

Have a wonderful time! AHHH yes, lake como!!! Thank you for the recs. Will look into those cities.