Dear Londoners,

Old May 1st, 2007, 05:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Londoners,

We have booked the Sanctuary House Hotel on Tothill for June 1 and I am very excited to stay there - the pub downstairs is so "very London" (meant as a compliment) that I am thrilled to have found the place(on TripAdvisor) --- but my question is, Does that area roll up the sidewalks at 10:00pm - I am only asking because there was mention of coming in from the theatre and having nothing open for a bite to eat in that area about 10 at night, does anyone know if that's so or not really a concern? Will we fiind dining and shopping in that area? Thanks so much for any and all aid.
Leslie
Old May 1st, 2007, 05:14 AM

It is a working ratjher than residential area - loads of civil serpents work around there in the various ministries.

However there are loads of restaurants that open late in the Victoria area (very close). There's also the restauarants at the foot of the Eye and in County Hall.
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:41 AM

audere

Are those typos or not? I think not
Old May 1st, 2007, 08:10 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
The pavements (sidewalks) of the immediate area will roll up <u>long</u> before 10 p.m. But not to worry - as Audere says you will be a short walk from Victoria and the south bank and just a bit farther from Trafalgar Sq/Leicester Sq. Plus you are practically on top of the St James Park tube station so will be w/i minutes of lots of other areas including S Kens.
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

&quot;short walk from Victoria and the south bank and just a bit farther from Trafalgar Sq/Leicester Sq. Plus you are practically on top of the St James Park tube station so will be w/i minutes of lots of other areas including S Kens&quot; - So, to which area do we head for a bit of fun, pubs, foods, we are a mother and daughter, 54 &amp; 34, so we are not interested in &quot;crazy&quot;, jsut fun, not big drinkers, but a good pub and restaurant and some local type stores would be fun - thanks for all the help
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:24 AM

All are fine - lecester Sq, trafalgar sq are pretty touristy. Victoria has some great pubs (mainly in the St James Park bit)..

Have a wander down to paliament sq - pop into the St Stephens or Red Lion - then walk over Waterloo bridge to eh eye. There are lots of restaurants there and on the south bank.