Day/Weekend trips from Milan?

Old Apr 12th, 2000, 03:30 PM
Greg Gonnerman

Day/Weekend trips from Milan?

I'll be in Milan, Italy at the end of May and I'd like to take either a day or a weekend trip while I'm there.

I've been given some suggestions, but I'm not sure where would be best to go.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg

Old Apr 13th, 2000, 04:37 AM
elaine

Some gorgeous town on the lakes, or a bit farther afield (3 hours by train) is glorious Venice.

Old Apr 13th, 2000, 07:43 AM
Anne

Greg
The Lake Como area is about 57km. ouside of Milan. Try web site at www.lakecomo.com.

Old Apr 13th, 2000, 08:21 AM
Beth Anderson

Hi Greg!

I have not ben there yet, but I am planning a September trip to Italy. One thing which looks really appealing, is the Lakes. I understand it is less than an hours train ride, and a quite lovely place to unwind. Since I am hoping to fly in/out of Milan, you can bet I'll be there on one end or the other of my trip.

Let me know what you think! I'd love to hear feedback from you (or anyone). pictures, too. My email is above, and I promise to share stories of my impending trip to Ireland with you (biking the west coast). I have a digicam so even pics will be forthcoming.

thanks,

Beth

Old Apr 13th, 2000, 08:38 AM
francesca

Bergamo makes a lovely day trip. The Como area is a 30 min. away by train. We're going there in May, so I can't tell you how beautiful it is but everyone RAVES about it. There are also some designer outlets near Milan, you can read about them in Born To Shop/Italy.

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 12:17 PM
Greg Gonnerman

Many thanks to everyone who responded.

Based on your suggestions and some other sources, I'm now planning on doing a day trip to Lake Como, and a weekend trip to Venice. Combined with my time in Milan, this should be a great vacation.

After my trip I'll follow up with pictures, observations, and suggestions in case anyone is interested.

Thanks again!

Greg G.