Day Trips from Kitzbuhel

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 07:37 PM
Allison

Day Trips from Kitzbuhel

I'll be going to Kitzbuhel in January, and might not ski everyday....how far away is Saltzburg/Innsbruck..would they make good day trips?...any other suggestions? Thanks!

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 05:00 AM
John

Hi Allison:

I have skied in Kitzbuhel a few times. Great resort, pray for snow! (low altitude) You can get to Innsbruck and Salzburg in a few hours. I would go to Innsbruck. One thing that you should look to do if you get bored with skiing is to take the hike up to a resturant called "Bichalm" sp? It is on the road that leads out from Kitz to Aurach. Its is near the Gasthaus Hechenmoos. You hike up a winding tobaggon-like trail to this wonderful high altitude resturant. It has great beers, soup and sandwiches with Killer views!. BUT....the best part....when you have had a few beers, you pick up a "rodel" (sled) and slide back down the trail!! What a trip!! It will take you 2 hours to get up and 15 minutes to get down! Avoid the schnapps,,,unless you want to fly off the trail!
JOHN