Reload this Page >

Day trips from amsterdam?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:28 AM
jeanne

Am going to Amsterdam and Brussels in March and need to know some must see sights available by train from Amsterdam. Or Brussels...

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:00 PM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>Do a search on Volendam, Enkhuizen, Lelystad, Brugges, Ghent, Luxemburg city.<BR><BR>Sure to find something of interest !<BR><BR>Peter<BR>http://tlp.netfirms.com<BR>

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:11 PM
Lonneke

Jeanne...<BR><BR>Try these towns by train from Amsterdam:<BR><BR>Utrecht, Delft, Leiden, Haarlem, Appeldoorn, Den Haag, Enkhuizen,

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:18 PM
SiD

you can always go to Germany, I went to Cologne (Rhineland). It's about 2.5 hr ICE train ride.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:23 PM
Alice

This past March, we took the train from Amsterdam Centraal to Enkhuizen. Just past the train station is a tourist office where you buy tickets to go to the Zuiderzee Folk Museum. You can board a ferry to take you to the outdoor museum, which is a village created from actual cottages and shops brought from other locales. There are craftsmen demonstrating the 'how-to's', such as making rope, carving wood, smoking fish, etc. It is a wonderful outing to do, and gives such a flavor of Dutch living in the past.<BR>The train ride takes less than an hour. I don't have it handy what the entrance fees were, guessing $9-12 per person? On this web http://www.hollandmuseums.nl/ click on English, then All Museums, then search for Zuiderzee.<BR>The town of Enkhuizen is also delightful, so save time for strolling through its shopping area.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:28 PM
Alice

Actually, Jeanne, I have topped my October trip report - it has descriptions of our day-trips from Amsterdam and Brussels.<BR>It's called &quot;Trip report: Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris and more...&quot;.<BR>