Search

day trip to Eze

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
day trip to Eze

I will be on on a cruise ship that arrives in Marseille from 8am until 7pm. I really love scenic areas and think I would rather spend my time in Cote D'Azur visiting Eze and surrounding costal towns. Is my time to limited to travel from Marseille to Eze and back? If it is not to limited, how is the best way to travel, bus? train? Any of other suggestions on places to visit if my time is limited.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 03:30 PM

If I read this correctly, you have one day? You might want to visit Cassis. It is very close to Marseilles and offers a wonderful harbor for people watching, great shops and restaurants, and boat tours of the magnificent Calanques. Eze is definitely too far!
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 04:00 PM

Why don't you pull up mappy or via michelin and check our some driving times/distances for places that interest you....no way for Eze!!
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 04:20 PM

Hi,
Eze is too far away for you to do in one day. But do not dispare, as lovely as Eze is, it is a tiny tiny village with a great view. There are other places near Marseille for you to admire. Why not see Marseille itself? enjoy
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 04:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Eze is definately way too far. Have lunch in the port of Cassis and maybe take the boat ride. Don't leave Marseille without trying the famous Bouillebaise.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 05:55 PM

You could easily visit Aix-en-Provence for a few hours. It's only about 20 minutes away by taxi. And/or you could visit the islands off Marseilles. I can't remember the names, but I want to say Hyeres?? Anyway, there are boat tours that will take you there from the main port.

Have fun!
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 07:48 PM

Hyères--a town I love--is farther up the cost, way past Toulon; not enough time for that, unfortunately.

Marseille is a good distance from the Côte d'Azur and not do-able in the time you have--you'll need to settle on what can easily be visited from Marseille. Cassis certainly fits the bill for a coastal town, and the Mediterranean shore both east and west of Marseille has lovely views. Marseille itself is worth several hours of sightseeing; the view from the hill where the church of Notre-Dame-de-la-Garde is located is fantastic.

Your best bet might be to hire a car and driver from one of the major auto-rental companies.