Reload this Page >

Day trip from Madrid

Search

Day trip from Madrid

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 11:27 AM
lydia

Day trip from Madrid

Could anyone advise me if it is possible to do a day trip to Seville from Madrid? Will be in Madrid for 4 days and will be going to Toledo also for a day trip. Understand there are high speed trains to Seville.Also any ideas on triple or quad rooms as there are 7 ladies on this trip. Thanks

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Alan

It's possible if you take the AVE (high speed train) but very expensive. Not worth it for the 1/2 day or so you'd get in Sevilla. Segovia is another nice & easy day trip from Madrid. The Valley of the Fallen is also outside of Madrid.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 03:19 PM
cooter

I've often thought about doing this, although the occasion hasn't come up yet...anyway, first AVE is at 7 AM from Madrid, last one from Sevilla is at 11 PM. With 2.5 hours duration each way, this gives you a full day in Sevilla. I would probably do it as an overnight, but a day trip seems possible. The price is approx $65 each way, with 20% discount for roundtrip purchase. Look at www.renfe.es for more information (also available in English at http://www.renfe.es/ingles/index.html). good luck.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Alan

Remember to price in the cost of a seat reservation besides the base fare. The real problem is once you're in Seville you won't want to leave!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 11:50 PM
Ferdinand

Seat reservation is mandatory for AVE, so I think it is included.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 06:11 AM
LYDIA

Thanks for all the info about the trains. Really appreciate this. Still need info on places to stay in Madrid for 7 ladies on a budget.