Last year I sought some advice about a day trip to York from this forum and it was great. I loved my time in York. So I've done York, Bath, Oxford, and Stratford upon Avon. I'm looking for a walkable town with interesting street life and cool eateries. Not looking to visit museums, cathedrals, etc.. Just see and feel something different. I'm thinking of Brighton or Canterbury, leaning towards Brighton. I like to walk as opposed to use public transport when possible.
Please give me your feedback and any suggestions of daytrips that are two hours away from London.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Tips for first trip to UK
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 paris to london- day trip
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 8 10 days in europe
- 9 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 GTG Paris December 2017
- 14 Where to stay in Naples?
- 15 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 European honeymoon help needed
- 18 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 19 Portugal
- 20 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 21 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 22 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 23 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 24 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 25 Browsing Barcelona
Day trip from London in early October, Canterbury, Brighton, or ??