Dancing horses in Jerez

Mar 8th, 2001, 05:40 PM
Michael

Dancing horses in Jerez

Hello Everyone:

I'm leaving for my trip to Spain tomorrow night. Thanks everyone for all the great advice. I have one last question. What can anyone tell me about the dancing horses in Jerez? Is it worthwile? I am planning to drive grom Seville on a Thurs, March 15. Do they perform that day? Is it a worthwile stop or should I go to Ronda and the Cave at Benaojan?

Thanks for any advice,

Michael

Mar 9th, 2001, 04:52 AM

to the top

anybody know anything about this? better hurry! he shoulda asked sooner!

YKWIA

Mar 9th, 2001, 05:10 AM
Greg

I've not been there, but found some information at andalucia.com:

Jerez is world famous for its magnificent dancing horses, which you can see at the Real Escuela Andaluza de Arte Equestre the Royal Andalucian School of Equestrian Art, at Avenida de Abrantes (Tel: +34 956 311111). On Thursday mornings there is a spectacular display of dressage.

You might also try the the Tourist Office, located at Larga, 39. (Tel: +34 956 331162).

So, it appears that you are traveling on the right day! Hopefully this info doesn't arrive to you too late and you are able to make a call.

Have a great trip (jealous grumble, jealous grumble) - Greg

Mar 9th, 2001, 05:55 AM
Maribel

Michael,
You might like (if you have time!) to look at their web page:
http://www.webjerez.com/htm/esquema.htm
(there's an English version)
If you haven't been to the Vienna Riding School and you're a fan of drssage and all things equestrian, then be sure to go. We didn't see them last summer because friends travelling with us opted for the sherry bodegas instead, and we didn't have time for both.
As Greg says, these beautiful Carthusiasn horses and their riders in 18th c costume perform in a show called "Como bailan los caballos andaluces", a kind of horse ballet to classical music every Thurs at noon at their School, housed in the 18th c Palacio de las Cadenas on Avenida Duque de Abrantes. I believe that the numbered tickets cost 2,500 pts. The show lasts about 1 1/2 hrs.

Mar 9th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Michael

Thanks for the advice. Haven't decided yet. I'm heading to the airport. I'll report back about my trip when I return.

Search this Thread