D-Day Victory Tours

Jun 29th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

D-Day Victory Tours

Hi Everyone,

I would like to use "Victory-Tours" for a D-Day tour in September. I have e-mailed them twice over the last two weeks & called them early last week & left a voicemail to try to get a day scheduled, but I have not heard a word from them. So, my question is if anyone has any ideas on how to get in contact with "Victory-Tours"? Maybe someone that has used them in the past might be able to tell me how you got in contact with them for your tour. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any responses.

Tony B.
Jun 29th, 2009, 05:07 AM

After all that I think I'd be looking elsewhere. Have you looked at BattleBus Tours. I and other friends have used them and they are excellent

http://www.battlebus.fr/
Jun 29th, 2009, 07:19 AM

I agree I'd have given up on an outfit that didn't respond after two emails and a voicemail. Try another outfit. The Mémorial museum in Caen offers tours, and lots of people have good things to say about BattleBus.
Jun 29th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. Normally I would have given up on "Victory-Tours" by now. However, I always take into account that they may be on vacation themselves or there might be other circumstances that have prevented them from responding so far. Also, I have checked into other tour companies, but they all start their tours before I would be able to make it to Bayeux. We will be staying in Paris for the week we are there. From what I understand, the first train does not leave for Bayeux from Paris until 7:07 & then arrives in Bayeux at 9:30. All the other tours that I have looked into start at 8:30, but "Victory-Tours" starts at 9:45. If anyone has an economical idea for us to make an 8:30 start tour without staying in Bayeux or Caen the night before, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks for any replies.

Tony B.
Jun 29th, 2009, 07:01 PM

Tony, we used them about 3-4 years ago and Roel was terrific. Could you try a different email account ? (Spouse or something ?) Maybe a spam blocker on Roel's end. If you go to his website, there is the link to the B&B that they own... is that email different ? maybe try that one ? I'm surprised, b/c we had no problems...

You are correct in the timing - he waits for that morning train from Paris for day-trippers and for those of us with a car, we meet at the train station. Makes it convenient for that purpose.
Jul 13th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,

Just in case anyone would like to use "Victory-Tours" in the future, they cannot receive or send e-mails that are a "Comcast.net" address. I was successful in reaching them by phone on my second attempt & I told them I had tried reaching them several times by e-mail & the first question I was asked is if I have an "Comcast.net" e-mail address. I told them that I did & that is when they explained to me that they cannot do e-mails by "Comcast.net". Hope this helps anyone who may be considering using "Victory-Tours" in the future.
Jul 13th, 2009, 04:37 PM

We used Victory Tours several years ago--Roel is a wealth of knowledge--and a great guide...he has studied WWII for years and is just absolutely passionate. He also has so many stories--from the American (as well as other country's) veterans whom he has taken on tours. I am so happy you were persistant and feel confident that he will exceed your expectations.

Search this Thread