Cyclades vs Dodecanese Islands

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Gary

Cyclades vs Dodecanese Islands

I am looking to visit the Greek Islands in late May/early June. I am looking for good beaches, historic sites and great "scenery"for hiking or riding around on a motorbike. I wanted to get some opinions on which before mentioned groups of islands were preferrable. I want to visit 2-3 islands and stay 2-3nights on each. Any information is appreciated.

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 08:09 AM
Paros Shep

Of course I am prejudiced. But I hear many more compliments for the Cyclades than the Dodecanese. They have a better selection of everything, including plentiful places with few other people.

Share our piece of paradise: www.iol.ie/~balydhob

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 05:46 PM
soph

my 3 choices Rhodes (great beaches & historical sites), Santorini (good beaches, nightlife & the caldera) & Mykonos (great beaches, nightlife)

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 10:48 PM
Elaine

Info on places to walk -
http://home.bredband.no/harhau/islan...ng/greece.html

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:45 AM
Judith

Gary

I have just returned from the a 3 week tour on the Greek islands. The weather was great! We had the following itinary:
Athens 2 nights, Mykonos 2 nights, Santorini 6 nights Crete 6 nights and Rhodes 5 nights. The cyclades are very beautiful . Crete is a great place for hiking and riding aroun particulalry the southern part. where it is less touristy and the scenery is great.