CURE YOUR ADDICTION TO THIS SITE

Jun 6th, 1999, 07:10 PM
Denise

CURE YOUR ADDICTION TO THIS SITE

Having just read Cathy's message re her hunt for ancestors, I have been tempted a few times in the past two months to post here saying I have cured my addiction, or rather my daily + addiction to this site. I am sure this is only a temporary thing, as I intend to travel to France next year, but Genealogy is the answer. Boy, if you think Fodor's is addictive, try hunting out the oldies. Denise

Jun 7th, 1999, 03:30 AM
Lisa

Denise,

There are alot of people on this website who need a cure for their addiction. It has become their whole lives.

Jun 7th, 1999, 03:36 AM
Inky

Lisa,

I can think of many more harmful things than to log in to this site frequently.

Because I dont murder or attack people or whatever, does that mean I need a cure ?

Jun 7th, 1999, 07:43 AM
Lisa

Inky,

Logging into this site frequently is one thing. Taking it soooo personally that you get into these shouting matches is a whole other thing.

Jun 7th, 1999, 02:24 PM
K

I strongly agree that this forum has become some queer psuedo community. I thought this was a TRAVEL forum to ask TRAVEL questions and receive TRAVEL answers! The recent posting regarding informing new comers not to post a question until they have used the cumbersome search function was ridiculous and contradicted the intention of the forums.

Jun 7th, 1999, 02:40 PM
Queer/Pseudo

Listen, K, as a confirmed Fodorite I don't mind being called queer but I resent being called pseudo. But seriously, if you want the site to be for travel questions, how about sticking to travel matters, and not perpetuating flame wars? I've noticed that many of your postings tend to attack/complain about the posters here. Is that a good strategy for reducing the non-travel-specific exchanges?
PS -- yes, I know it's inconsistent for a person to log in with a pseudonym and then claim not to be pseudo. Unfortunately this does not feel like a safe place to be more forthright. People can be so mean!