Search

Cuendet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 04:11 AM
Anna

Cuendet

Anyone ever booked a villa in Tuscany through Cuendet? If so, what was your experience with them and was the property you stayed at what you expected?

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 06:29 AM
xxx

Lots of info about renting Tuscany villas at this non commercial website: www.slowtrav.com.<BR><BR>

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 07:08 AM
canuck

Found them to be quite expensive. We booked directly with owners at www.tuscany.net...found some of the same properties listed at InItaly and Cuendet but they were more expensive.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 07:21 AM
Joe

Try tuscanynow.com. Tremendous listing of every imaginable size, shape, age, cost, etc. Great people to work with. They will send you a color brochure showing most of their listings. If you are thinking of the coming summer, you better line a villa up now. They go fast.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 10:04 AM
Rex

Cuendet seems to be in both the "wholesale" and the "retail" villa rental business - - that is, they are often the "source listing agency for many properties you can rent through other companies, in the US (and Canada - - and probably many other countries as well). Perhaps they do not offer prices as low as the agencies to which they supply listings, to maintain friendly relationships. It's in their best interest to encourage agencies in the customer's own country to get as much "end-user" business as possible, and not compete against them. After all, it would cost them more to service a prospective renter across an ocean anyway.<BR><BR>I have twiced stayed in villas in Italy for which they hold the listing, and both times, they were in the background. I dealt with www.rentvillas.com and with www.regencyintapts.com (also has a Canadian presence) and can comfortably recommend either one.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>