Reload this Page >

Crystal Panoramic & Salon Bleu Trains - Golden Pass Route

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 1999, 08:28 PM
Jocelyne

Hello! <BR> <BR>I'm planning to travel to Switzerland in the last week of September and would like to take the panoramic trains on the golden pass route. However, I have just been informed by Jungfrau tours that the Crystal Panoramic Express and Salon Bleu trains can only be booked and travelled on if I have a first class Swiss Pass. Can anyone tell me if it's worthwhile purchasing the first class Swiss Pass so I can take the panoramic trains from Lucerne to Interlaken and from Zweisimmen to Montreux? Alternatively, are views from the normal (non-panoramic) trains just as good which means I don't have to purchase the 1st class Swiss Pass? Do the normal trains travel on the same route as the panoramic trains??? <BR>I had planned to purchase only the second class 4 day Swiss Pass in Switzerland and not the 1st. Does anyone have any information or advice on this? <BR> <BR>Thanks for your help! <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 29th, 1999, 08:01 AM
richard j. vicek

Good mornin g, Jocelyne <BR>I can only recall the Bernina Express, <BR>Glacier Express, Golden Pass, William <BR>Tell Express and the Palm Express in CH. <BR>Do you have a web site for the Crystal <BR>Panoramic or Salon Bleu trains??? <BR>I am interested in them myself. Thank <BR>you, Richard of Hickory Hills, IL....

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 02:13 AM
Jocelyn

Hi Richard, <BR> <BR>I found the info on these trains on www.goldenpass.com. <BR> <BR>Check it out. <BR> <BR>Cheers, <BR> <BR>Jocelyn

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 04:39 PM
Jennifer

Hello Richard! <BR>Could you tell us something about the William Tell express? Can it be taken from Lugano to Lucerne? I will have the Europass. Do you have any idea what the fare would be for that trip? <BR>Thank you! <BR>

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 04:50 AM
s.

Jocelyne: <BR>I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help . . . but I have a suggestion. I know I've been on the Crystal Panoramic Express, and I didn't have a Swiss Pass. I think I just bought a first-class ticket for the journey. I bet you can buy a one-day or one-trip upgrade to first class without upgrading the entire pass. I'd ask around. I checked the website you gave and noted that there are lots of good contacts listed; try the www.mob.ch and the Switzerland Tourism e-mail addresses that are listed under "Information and Reservations." And, yes, the other trains travel the same route -- they only lack the wrap-around windows. Again, ask at the MOB website. <BR>s.

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 07:38 AM
Ed

You can buy an upgrade with your second class Swiss Pass to FC for the trip. You just pay the difference. <BR> <BR>The views along the route are the same regardless of the kind of train you ride. <BR> <BR>In my opinion the Crystal route is much overrated. Compared to much else in Switzerland it's not exceptionally scenic. If you come from the middle of Kansas, though, you'll be wowed. <BR> <BR>Rome.Switzerland.Bavaria <BR>www.twenj.com