Cruising the Dalmatian Coast

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't had much luck searching for this on my own, so I would appreciate some help. I know there are some cruises that leave from Venice, stop at Dubrovnik, and then go on to Corfu, Sicily, Rome, etc. But I was wondering if there are any cruises that you can do just the islands along the coast from one starting and ending point?

Perhaps its easier for me to map out ferries from Dubrovnik to various islands, but I was trying to do it in a circular path to avoid having to drive anywhere and to allow flying in and out of Dubrovnik. any references to trip reports or general thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 06:44 AM

There are several smaller companies who cruise only the Dalmatian coast. One is the Katrina line out of Dubrovnik. Also many in Split, Trogir or Zadar. You can also contact Alan from Secret Dalmatia for a cruise he has in September this year. The boat only has 10 cabins, it's ideal for cruising the Dalmatian coast. Good luck
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 07:07 AM

I think there is an OAT trip that goes along this coast - not sure how many islands that it visits but you can get the details of their website - Overseas Adventur Travels - small ships
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 07:31 AM

Here is my photo gallery from our OAT trip in 2006. Not sure of their current offering but we did enjoy the 40 person small ship. We loved Korcula and Hvar, and do not miss the Bay of Kotor.
http://www.slowphotos.com/photo/show...y.php?cat=3882
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the tips, Bob I love your photos - it seems like one of those trips that you hope you can do before everyone else discovers it. travelady - my husband is now crazed about the secret dalmatia trip - we won't be traveling until 2010 but it looks like something we'd jump on.
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 10:15 PM

we expect to have several trips by 2010. keep in touch.
Old Jun 5th, 2009, 04:18 PM

bobthenavigator.....What does OAT stand for. We are planning to come there next year.
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 05:02 PM

Bob, not sure if you will see this response since the thread is old, but I noticed you took the OAT Croatia trip. We were thinking of doing this trip next year. However, OAT has moved this trip to fall under the Grand Circle umbrella. I have some concerns I hoped you could comment on:

We have travelled with OAT before and like the adventurous spirit and cultural immersion. Will we have these opportunities with this Grand Circle trip? We are in our 50's and very active - will this be a "Easy" trip, ie., "bussed around a city" type trip? Thank you!