Cruise the Mediterranean

Old Mar 5th, 1997, 05:15 PM
Jon C. Simons

Cruise the Mediterranean

My wife and I are considering a Med: cruise in
either July,August or early Sept:. Never been before, would appreciate suggestions for itinerary.
Planning 10-12 days. Interests lie in Art and History. Thanks in advance.

Old Apr 4th, 1997, 06:24 PM
Betty

I took a cruise (Princess) starting in Barcelona and going on to Rome and Florence.Rome is steeped in history, and you really 'feel' the antiquity. St Peter's with the Vatican museums and Sistene chapel are must-sees. Florence is the city for Art. I'm
heading back there again this summer to steep myself in the sculpture & painting. Southern France (same cruise) was very beautiful. Portugal (often overlooked) has retained much quaint charm of the "old" Europe (same cruise!) Bon Voyage!

Old May 18th, 1997, 01:45 PM
kay angelli

Have you ever considered going to Turkey...it's a lot less expensive and the scenery is beautiful...Talk about history...how about 7000bc...

Old Jun 8th, 1997, 02:26 PM
Sandy Racz

Hi Jon, Not sure if you are still looking for info. on Med. Cruise. My Husband and I did a 14 day cruise last October. It was our best Vacation Ever! We have been on 14 Cruises and love that style of traveling. What made this trip so extra special was the ports. We started in Athens, went to Crete, Cypress, Rhodes, Egypt (2 day), Israel(2 days), and two places in Turkey I can't spell without looking them up, and ended in Venice. This was on Cunard Line, but other Lines do similar and less expensive. I am a Travel agent too. If you have any more questions or want more details, just e-mail me. It Was Terrific!

Old Jul 8th, 1997, 04:56 PM
S Carroll

I wrote an extensive summary of our experience with Renaissance Cruises to "Info on Turkish Airlines, Olympic, & Greek Cruise" (earlier on bulletin board). The price is great but there are a few things a traveler should know...