croatia in june

Mar 1st, 2006, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

croatia in june

Hi! I will be traveling to Croatia in June, and was wondering if anyone knows whether the churches there require knees and shoulders to be covered. Also, we will be spending most of our time mid-June in Dubrovnik. Should I bring a sweater for nite-time? Thank you very much!
Mar 1st, 2006, 01:39 PM

I have seen a sign in a church entrance in Dubrovnik "no short skirts, flip-flops, etc".
So a normal, respectable attire will do.

June should be pleasant and warm, but don't expect very high temperatures. Perhaps it would be a good idea to bring something long-sleeved (but not too thick) for the evenings, just in case.
Mar 1st, 2006, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Thank you teddybear! Another question: Will it be warm enough to swim this time of year? (okay--2 questions!) Do most of the beach areas have chairs to rent? Thanks again!
Mar 1st, 2006, 02:26 PM

Hello,

I was there last May (near the end). You will probably want to cover up in the churches and many women will cover their heads too.
Dubrovnik will be very warm. My wife went short sleeved at night and she tends to get cold looking at snow on TV. I went swimming in May and it was cool - but very nice after the heat of the day. Most public beaches rent chairs. Enjoy.
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:05 PM

Mid June will be lovely for sunbathing and swimming, but more of a short "dip" rather than a long swim, as the Adriatic won't be very warm yet.
Again, it depends on your cold tolerance levels.
Overall, nothing to worry about, you should have fine weather.

There is a lovely beach in Dubrovnik where you can use chairs, it's more of a club really, with restaurant and bar included:

http://www.ew-dubrovnik.com/about_us.html

Enjoy your holiday!
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info, and thankyou to all for the info on all the posts about Croatia. It has been very helpful for our trip planning!