Critic Air certificate finally resolved

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2023, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally after two months the Critic Sir Certificate may be resolved. After sending emails on 18th April and then 18th May, Peugeot head office spoke to my husband today, and they will apply for one on our behalf as we are going to Lille and he advised one is required. Apparently the Critic Air system is not set up for people living outside of France,who are leasing a car that is registered in France, to apply for one. The big companies like Peugeot, Citron and Renault are aware of the issue and for only 3000 - 4000 lease cars affected it is not able to be fixed. Of course they could apply on the persons behalf when registering the car , and add €4 to the cost, but why make it simple.

If this happens to you after you first attempt, don’t bother trying again. On the documents you will receive (as were sent to us before we left Australia) there will be a phone number to ring for any issues. Ring that number as soon as you can. This issue has taken up too much of our precious holiday time.

Pity I have no wine in the apartment as we would have a drink to celebrate 🤣
Old Jun 14th, 2023, 10:20 AM

At last, a happy ending! The car company made this way too complicated and it really should be on them to provide it. Now go ahead and enjoy yourselves in the big cities.
Old Jun 14th, 2023, 12:27 PM

Peugeot head office in France sorted out our problems with engine size etc with crit air people.
We received an email from Aussie Peugeot with the crit air certificate that we printed and stuck to the windscreen.
Was pretty impressed with their effort
Old Jun 15th, 2023, 12:28 AM

How did you print one for the windscreen? You can carry a document with you to show you have it, and can argue any fines with that, but you need a sticker for the windscreen not a document. Takes a while before they send it though. And they are pretty fussy about where it is applied and how.
Anyway I am glad yours was sorted eventually Cheska.
Daft that lease companies don't just aply for them anyway. There are large ares of France which can impose a temporary ban on cars without them if the air quality is poor.
We were going to hire an electric camper but the company had neither the Critair or the umweltplakette (Germany) for them saying they are electric they don't need one (they do) and we didn't want to be collecting fines, or worse be stuck in an area when a temporary driving ban was introduced. I am hoping they took my complaint onboard and get the stickers they need. Spain also has such zones, but as a foreigner you can't apply for the sticker, luckily they accept the French one apparently. Won't be long before we can't see through the windscreen for all the environment stickers, toll stickers and electric toll badges!
Old Jun 15th, 2023, 05:32 AM

Good to hear it has been resolved. As you said, it could be done when the car is registered and the cost added in. It would not be noticed.
Old Jun 15th, 2023, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

hetismij2 it will be sent to our Australian address. We will be home by the time it gets there. We have to print out the receipt and stick that to the window. When we hand the car back, the company apply for a replacement sticker
Old Jun 15th, 2023, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by cheska15
hetismij2 it will be sent to our Australian address. We will be home by the time it gets there. We have to print out the receipt and stick that to the window. When we hand the car back, the company apply for a replacement sticker
Ah OK. We travelled to France while waiting for ours to come through and just carried the email from them as proof. That was what the instructions we received said.
I still think it is daft that lease and rental companies don't spend a few euros and get these things anyway. They could charge each customer an extra euro and make a profit very quickly on them.