Reload this Page >

Crepe Stands in Paris

Search

Crepe Stands in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 08:13 AM
Marion

Crepe Stands in Paris

I remember a prior post which mentioned a crepe stand in Rue Muffard (excuse the spelling!) and when I read "Coq au Vin" (a mystery set in Paris recommended in another posting) crepe stands were again mentioned. Any experience with these street vendors? Where would they be located? I have absolutely no memory of seeing any on our previous visit, but that was a number of years ago. <BR> <BR>Any other "fast food" stands like those one finds near the MET in NYC? Areas? <BR> <BR>Thanks,

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 08:22 AM
Thyra

Marion, I found them every where, since I LOVE crepes! There is one near the base of the Eiffel Tower, a bunch in up in Monmatre (sp?), and one 2 blocks away from the Folle's Bergere (sp?) in Pigalle. You should not have any problem finding them. I ruined a good pair of leather gloves last March..by noshing on melty crepes au chocolate in the rain!!! Heaven!

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 08:24 AM
Marcelle

Marion, we lived on the food from those crepe and sandwich stands last year, they were all over. I know many people would turn up their noses at the thought of eating there, but if you're on a budget or pressed for time, they are fast, fresh, inexpensive and very good. <BR> <BR>I remember one on the Champs Elysee, one on the grounds of Versailles, and one on practically every street in our Latin Quarter neighborhood. Try the crepe made with Nutella, bananas and Grand Marnier - YUM!

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 08:35 AM
Me

Hi Marion, <BR> <BR>There is a stand in the Tuileries that makes crepes - they are on the right hand side as you are walking away from the Louvre and toward the Arc de Triumphe. Had a luscious ham and cheese crepe there last month. <BR> <BR>Two more just across the street from the Motte Piquet metro staion in the 15eme. One is a window on the side of a restaurant called La Pierrot - the other is across the street and is attached to a restaurant called Le Flor de Grenelle. Yum!

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 08:45 AM
Lori

They're Paris's answer to New York's hot dog vendors. They are great, especially the Sucre et Grand Marnier (Sugar and Grand Marnier).

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 09:29 AM
Meg

We discovered a crepe stand outside the Pompidou Centre - delicious! We also enjoyed hot dogs (French style, of course - on French Bread with melted cheese on top) in the Tuileries. $5 lunches in Paris can't be beat! <BR>

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 10:28 AM
Sabrina

I had previously mentioned my experience with crepe vendors in the Rue Mouffetard area in Paris, where I stayed during my visit last year. The crepe stands are the best! One of my favorite treats the whole time I was there was a nutella (like chocolate sauce), banana and Grand Marnier crepe. Orangina to wash it down. Yum!

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 10:36 AM
anh

best crepe stand is on rue Cler in 7eme.

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 04:12 PM
Audrey

On the steps (well almost) of St. Germaine des Pres I had my first ever crepe from a vendor. It was raining...Oh gee, I want to go back! <BR>Audrey

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 01:41 PM
Joe

One of the guidebooks that I used in Paris in the summer of '98 claimed that the free-standing crepe stand on the left a little ways down the rue Mouffetard is the best in Paris. While I haven't tried them all yet, it's the best that I've found. When I was back over Thanksgiving last year, the crepe stand wasn't there (the proprietor wintering in Florida I imagine), but there was a nice indoor counter place on the other side of the street that served good crepes. Ham and gruyerre is my favorite. Either place, you can make a picnic for yourself at the bottom of rue Mouffetard in the little park that's next to St. Medard.

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 11:13 AM
chuck

speaking off crepe stands, anyone know where you can buy one off those griddles they use?